Fix Kit for the extra $$$?

COLBEE

Reaction score
I own a 2012 pro, currently has 1200 miles, completely stock, has run flawless since new...

Jeffpro800

Reaction score
I own a 2012 pro, currently has 1200 miles, completely stock, has run flawless since new...
Yes they usually do untill they don't! With no warning whatsoever my pro dropped a cyl skirt with just over 1300 Kms!

Lococoin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the mtntek fix kit for my 11 pro with 1200 miles. Cylinder has no cracks and pistons were still within the service limit but barely. I did find my rings flaking on the intake side so I'm glad I pulled it apart when I in.

Would have considered kelseys kit but it wasn't in stock.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris better get their chit together for 15 or Doo and Cat will run them over .......
PS: Would love to be a fly on the wall at the Monday Morning Round table at POO. When The Marketing guys bring threads like this up for discussion !

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris better get their chit together for 15 or Doo and Cat will run them over .......
PS: Would love to be a fly on the wall at the Monday Morning Round table at POO. When The Marketing guys bring threads like this up for discussion !
This situation has been status quo at Polaris for six years. What makes you think next year is special? Just number seven.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just don't understand this situation, if the Pro came with an engine with the same rep as the Doo or Cat (Suzuki) it would be untouchable in the mountain market. The company that produces the Victory and now the new Indian motorcycle line up certainly has the capability to produce a world class snowmobile engine.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just don't understand this situation, if the Pro came with an engine with the same rep as the Doo or Cat (Suzuki) it would be untouchable in the mountain market. The company that produces the Victory and now the new Indian motorcycle line up certainly has the capability to produce a world class snowmobile engine.

You are 100% correct Trench and yes it has been 6 + years with this engine platform but with the 900 and Dragon debacle's very close in the rear view mirror the optimist in me would have to think that we are getting the same mill in an updated chassis BECAUSE they are doing the Engine R&D on something new Poo knows it can't release anything that has not been proven Jmo

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think (and hope) 2015 brings a new engine from polaris, considering its there 60 yr anniversary i would expect it.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any first hand info about these engines lasting with these kits or any reported failures?

CRF

Reaction score
Does anyone have any first hand info about these engines lasting with these kits or any reported failures?

This has been discussed over and over. All of these kits have 1, 000 miles on them. I tend to agree with Kelsey, the stock pistons are garbage.

How do you guys know that the 13's and 14's have had engine failure problems. I have not read or heard anywhere that they are loosing skirts like before!.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pistons are the problem. Just get a fix kit....they all seem to be good kits....and dont look back. If your sled has over 1000 trouble free miles dont keep pushing the envelope. My sled was completely trouble free from brand new, not one issue. It had decent compression and was still pulling strong until it all of a sudden didnt. Had about 1400 miles.

I am missing the chassis still tho. I have 2 rides with my first ever 2014 m8000 and while I have had a "smart valve problem" right off the bat, I miss the lightness and handling of my pro chassis. I damn well hope polaris has a good motor in place and proven in the next 2 years so when warranty runs out and i trade the cat in I can switch back!!!!

Top Bottom