First ride of the Year blues

GRD

Reaction score
Even better here's a video

How it got there?

Well the sled died and BBtoys hauled me all the way back from the hill (Renshaw) we even hit the area at about 11 km that was a water hole, This added something that we laughed about for a while. When your being towed quite close your sled gets pelted with snow.

Got this error message when trying to view the video:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/snowandm/public_html/video/include/config.php on line 172

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I tried 3 times and never seen that error. Try again.

Otherwise, I dropped the sled off at Rory's to get repaired, the tunnel is not to bad he thinks. The back wheels are too big causing the track damage. The left hand throttle needs to go and be replaced with a goldfinger, safer. The nitros needs to go into the airbox rather than the side where it is. And after checking the tunnel if its ok he can polish her up nice and spiff. First thing is to pull the carbs, clean and change the needles and empty the tank, go over the fuel system good. I trust Rory working on the sled, he knows what he is doing.:D

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your motor. Friends went to Revy and had the same kind of luck..blew the motors in two mods ( one unionbay 1150),crushed another one into creek wall after bieng airborne. Only the stocker and one mild mod made it back alive, and they still thought the trip was OK and they think they'll be ready to go back for more at xmas!!!!!!!! The stocker was a 163XP with just a rookie on it and it still was an awsome climber.

GRD

Reaction score
I tried 3 times and never seen that error. Try again.

Otherwise, I dropped the sled off at Rory's to get repaired, the tunnel is not to bad he thinks. The back wheels are too big causing the track damage. The left hand throttle needs to go and be replaced with a goldfinger, safer. The nitros needs to go into the airbox rather than the side where it is. And after checking the tunnel if its ok he can polish her up nice and spiff. First thing is to pull the carbs, clean and change the needles and empty the tank, go over the fuel system good. I trust Rory working on the sled, he knows what he is doing.:D

Deleted my cookies and cleared my history, it is now working!

kgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought I was ready, had a fun weekend but had some unexpected problems and some were my fault.
First, it all started when I was putting my avy pack together, and I caught the handle when I shouldn't of :( oops. Didnt need that anyway that weekend but now will cost me some money.
Then my sled died withen visible distance to the cabin, so I had to get towed home by BBtoys, what a ride that was, expecially through the water being 3' behind a track spraying water and ice, thank goodness for Klim wear, lol. Then after ripping my front bumper off we tied onto one ski and made it back to the truck. We brought the sled back to Barries house, it was totally filled with snow and Ice, we thawed it in about 4 hrs and put gas line antifreeze and it started no problem. Let it run for about 20 minutes, then brought back into garage. Saturday morning at the Renshaw staging area, it only ran for a few minutes and then flooded again. So I went to ridenhide and we drained the float bowls, no water, repaired the cracks in the carb boots, and it seemed to run fine, tested and it was good. So I headed to the hill to find the guys. It was running great again, then it started to sputter again a fair distance from the cabin then quit, I turned the heated carbs on and it was running again, kind of rough as it would surge then almost slall then repeat that several times :eek: So I grabbed the left hand throttle and it was wide open all of a sudden I hung on and steered trying to get back to the cabin and get it to stop. A little scary hitting the big hill at that speed and at the top I must of been about 5' in the air. Made it to the cabin, took my backpack off and then went outside and worked on my sled to get it working for the ride down, I guess my buddys have headed back down, probably wondering where I was. So I better head back, there were others in the cabin. When I got to the bottom just through the bushes, I relized I left the backpack at the cabin but now my sled was starting to quit and not running right, so I decided to leave it and hopw someone brought it back or I would get it the following day. Hit my throttle again and it stuck open, I was hitting the creek bed crossings at about 60 - 70 kmh and it was surging back and forth from half to full throttle to about the 11 km when I could finally slow it down. Well I made it back, had a little trouble turning the sled off but got to the trailer about ten minutes after the other guys. I got my packpack that night thanks to some members of this site and North Country Lodge. The next morning we went to Bell, I took barries sled, Summit broke his sled trying to get it started, the recoil broke, looking at my sled from the back end, the tunnell looks pretty twisted, OOPS :eek:. So I need to look into that..
But Hairstraightback and myself, headed up to meet Chucker, Dave, Chrlie and had a good ride at bell.
Now I have some work to do..But I had fun, I will post pics tonight..
First ride of year blues ohh yahh i have them every year: This year i went end over end on the Renshaw trail, to excited about first day ride. Hit a roque mongol, and that was that catapulted off sled landed 37 yds down trail.

Top Bottom