Fiat V8 hemi is gonzo?

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We heard rumors that Dodge Ram Jeep is bringing the old slant 6 pack back...

High deck height,,, big swing crank and small port heads too get them going...

134.8 ft-lbs torque matt'ed too the rug with regular fuel in second gear...

Kick up some dirt they say... lol

3 on the tree tranny too boot...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got this email from dodge. 540hp. Sounds great except the TRX it is replacing has 700hp...

Screenshot_20240427_081455_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240427_081439_Chrome.jpg

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And if it drove for those 8 hrs everyday it would put an extra 1000 km a day on and would have had a million km on it, idling is as hard on engine life as is driving. If you need to idle a truck all day to keep warm buy a diesel or a Tesla

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Idling a diesel without high idle setting is just as hard on diesels as it is on gassers. They can get piston wash. Most have it when cold, but once warm they all idle down unless you added the high idle kit, at least that is the way GM's work.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Idling a diesel without high idle setting is just as hard on diesels as it is on gassers. They can get piston wash. Most have it when cold, but once warm they all idle down unless you added the high idle kit, at least that is the way GM's work.

The Cummins in a dodge cycles between high idle and normal all on its own, smart enough to know. Mine will idle up and idle down even sitting in a drive thru. I do have mine set to idle higher than normal as well

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Putting in a hellcat oil pump or running 5-30 oil will help with the lubrication problem at idle I guess.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent a day driving a Wagoneer with one of these twin turbo inline 6s. Throttle response is decent but not Hemi like. Power is strong and smooth. Economy was 14 l/100 going to Banff and back. Driving mellow a little above the speed limit. So not spectacular. My F350 would have been in the 11-12s.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spent a day driving a Wagoneer with one of these twin turbo inline 6s. Throttle response is decent but not Hemi like. Power is strong and smooth. Economy was 14 l/100 going to Banff and back. Driving mellow a little above the speed limit. So not spectacular. My F350 would have been in the 11-12s.

That is pretty terrible economy, my ram 3500 diesel gets 11

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There a small bus. I don't think fuel economy was a priority.... and this is an inline 6. Alot different then a v that's in everything else. I bet they'll outlast most of the eco boosts. But time will tell

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge must of hired a ford engineer because it seems Dodge is focused on what Ford did with the eco boost 10 years ago, but ford is going back to V8’s.

My Grand Cherokee L with the hemi is getting 10.5 to 11.5L on the highway with me driving it. It’s hard not to keep the RPM’s down, the engine sounds very healthy. Lol

Just for comparison, I rented a New rav 4 around the middle of April, to take to a work meeting in Edmonton. It consumed 16L less than my Jeep when I went to the city last Thursday, the head wind home was brutal last week. The Jeep said 11.8 on the dash.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary to Banff sucks for mileage as there is almost always a brisk headwind there. My levelled eco on 33s does 14 L/100 on that stretch cruise set at 130, passing at 140.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary to Banff sucks for mileage as there is almost always a brisk headwind there. My levelled eco on 33s does 14 L/100 on that stretch cruise set at 130, passing at 140.
Round trip. So tail-wind back. Kind of a equals out.

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge must of hired a ford engineer because it seems Dodge is focused on what Ford did with the eco boost 10 years ago, but ford is going back to V8’s.

My Grand Cherokee L with the hemi is getting 10.5 to 11.5L on the highway with me driving it. It’s hard not to keep the RPM’s down, the engine sounds very healthy. Lol

Just for comparison, I rented a New rav 4 around the middle of April, to take to a work meeting in Edmonton. It consumed 16L less than my Jeep when I went to the city last Thursday, the head wind home was brutal last week. The Jeep said 11.8 on the dash.
Meanwhile Toyota and Nissan are laughing as they did the whole twin turbo inline 6, 30 years ago in their sports cars...

Top Bottom