8YYgKPR.jpg
WIz5eDQ.jpg

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
You know what they say, "rain in the valley, snow up top!"

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

Probed 180-195 cm today in some quiet trees (not wind blown) in the Rolling Hills. The base has come along and the hazards have mostly disappeared. I did not ride in any of the burned areas and I would assume there are still stumps/rocks in the open wind blown areas. Lots of riders but we only saw traffic at the cabin.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Doug are guys still coming in from the east? How are they getting trailers to Fernie in 120+km winds?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Doug are guys still coming in from the east? How are they getting trailers to Fernie in 120+km winds?

Some of them may not be. Saw a 1 ton Ford with a couple sleds on the deck heading south on 2 by okotoks and it looked dicey. The old CRV was getting thrown around pretty good. Some carnage on hwy 22 south of the old man river too.

Winds surprisingly went down to normal levels once I hit hwy 3.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of them may not be. Saw a 1 ton Ford with a couple sleds on the deck heading south on 2 by okotoks and it looked dicey. The old CRV was getting thrown around pretty good. Some carnage on hwy 22 south of the old man river too.

Winds surprisingly went down to normal levels once I hit hwy 3.

Thanks. Yeah these winds are crazy the past week. Saw a video of a freight truck stopped on a highway somewhere down there and it just started leaning and then blew over. A lot more weight than a enclosed sled trailer is to.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

There were trailers (all sizes with the sweet Red/White plates) in the lot yesterday. Met your buddy Donnie Anderson yesterday and he had a 4 place in there. He told me a funny story (one of many). He has a picture of the wind monitoring sign on #22, blown over and laying on the ground. It read 181 kmh.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my son went back to Calgary yesterday and went up #22 and had no problems. Saw a few trailers in the ditch and a bit of roofing material blown wrapped around some fencing.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year I towed a fourplace down 22 with my EcoBoost and it only said 121kmh wind speed.
Running on fumes by the time I hit the pass.

Needless to say I traded up for a diesel.
EcoBoost is great on fuel totally empty doing 100 downhill.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom