Fernie Snow Conditions 2017 - 2018

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
No sugary powder to be had then?

It was sledding as usual the last two days. None of that granular crap sitting on the top but if the sled dug deep enough, there was the sugary/facetted crap on the ground. That only happened in the bottom of one ravine.

The last two days have been the first days of the hood holding snow from carving. It was awesome yesterday!

wideman12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was sledding as usual the last two days. None of that granular crap sitting on the top but if the sled dug deep enough, there was the sugary/facetted crap on the ground. That only happened in the bottom of one ravine.

The last two days have been the first days of the hood holding snow from carving. It was awesome yesterday!

Where you staging from Doug?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Another great day with the Flatlanders! Ravines and gullies, the odd wind lip, and a short climb or two is all that these guys need to put a chit-hook grin on their faces. Too busy riding for a lot of pictures but here is one........

IMG_0126.jpg

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just occurred to me I won't be bale to make it back that way before feb. :(

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yesterday was a great day. Trails were in great shape and freshly groomed. They will be fresh again this morning. Parking is at a premium; both lots were jammed full but if people parked smart, there could be more vehicles in the parking lots. New signage is up at the LodgePole junction and trailers to the right and sled decks to the left. The upper lot is smaller and difficult for trailers to turn around especially when it begins to get full. The over flow on the road was amazing. There were even trailers parked at the LodgePole junction as we went home last night.

An avy class and the Calgary Snowmobile club added to the heavy traffic.

With the heavy load of riders, sunny skies, and warm weather the area got rode heavily. Still fresh out there but getting a little harder to find and the easy areas are pounded flat.

Top Bottom