Fernie Snow Conditions 2017 - 2018

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Friday and yesterday.
Friday out of Corbin and Morrissey yesterday. Friday was a good day, snows thin with no base and many landmines but we had fun. Visibility yesterday was poor and the wind was nasty so we poked around the trees and found some pretty good snow. All in all a good couple of days.
Blew the rear skid shock on my way out :rolleyes:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you get to the rolling hills cabin for the free smokies?
Rode Friday and yesterday.
Friday out of Corbin and Morrissey yesterday. Friday was a good day, snows thin with no base and many landmines but we had fun. Visibility yesterday was poor and the wind was nasty so we poked around the trees and found some pretty good snow. All in all a good couple of days.
Blew the rear skid shock on my way out :rolleyes:

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No we didn't get over to the cabin for smokies but we did check out the new cabin and the club did a good job on it. Little annoyed to see people have taken it upon themselves to vandalize the old cabin though.

Saw the same fellas on the trail, white cat? You mustn't have been too far ahead/behind us.
We stopped to help some fellas pull a Nytro out of the ditch on the side of the trail.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you see guys actually vandalizing the cabin? I ride a 2017 black with a bit of white axys and have all klim gear on
No we didn't get over to the cabin for smokies but we did check out the new cabin and the club did a good job on it. Little annoyed to see people have taken it upon themselves to vandalize the old cabin though.

Saw the same fellas on the trail, white cat? You mustn't have been too far ahead/behind us.
We stopped to help some fellas pull a Nytro out of the ditch on the side of the trail.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you see guys actually vandalizing the cabin? I ride a 2017 black with a bit of white axys and have all klim gear on

No, just that the windows are knocked out and the door was kicked in. Maybe I'm just assuming someone did.

I might have been right behind you, we're you a part of a group? There were a few Pro's ahead of us (three xms)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It was nice to see the participation for the Bob Arnott Memorial family ride on Saturday. Both cabins were full and lots of sledders were out. My wife and I went for a trail ride and visited both cabins and cruised through some meadows and trees in-between the two cabins. The snow has set up nicely and the hazards are slowly being covered. The open areas are pretty much pounded and are creating lots of carnage. We found some untracked in the trees (got away from the wind) and had a great day. Didn't spend a lot of time on the camera but I did take a couple pictures.

IMG_0094.jpg

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was with my son who is on a red 13 RMK 600 and a friend on a 2008 black summit
No, just that the windows are knocked out and the door was kicked in. Maybe I'm just assuming someone did.

I might have been right behind you, we're you a part of a group? There were a few Pro's ahead of us (three xms)

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was with my son who is on a red 13 RMK 600 and a friend on a 2008 black summit

How’s the power and handling of that 600 for him?
I was looking at a similar machine with a 155 for my wife before she got injured and figured it would be a good starter machine.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think its a great sled. I bought it after my dragon blew up 3 engines. Its my back up sled but I never had any breakdowns with my 800's so its my son's sled to use.
How’s the power and handling of that 600 for him?
I was looking at a similar machine with a 155 for my wife before she got injured and figured it would be a good starter machine.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice the white GMC with the enclosed and the fire cat in the back that has been parked off the Morrissey for the last few days?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Anyone notice the white GMC with the enclosed and the fire cat in the back that has been parked off the Morrissey for the last few days?

Yes, I did. I first saw it in front of Lordco on Saturday. We went for breakfast and when we drove across the Morrissey bridge it was parked beside the tracks with a black truck. I didn't pay attention to the make of it. There were people around, sleds were warming up, and it looked like they were staging there. When we came back, just the white truck/trailer were there.

It did seem sort of strange but then there are some strange people in this world.

Why do you ask?

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i saw it there too on Saturday. When we were loading up at the end of the day they sledded past us on the plowed forestry road all the way to their truck. Couple of guys at the cabin were talking about how and where these guys were parked on CPR land. I did notice they had a propane heater by the trailer.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did. I first saw it in front of Lordco on Saturday. We went for breakfast and when we drove across the Morrissey bridge it was parked beside the tracks with a black truck. I didn't pay attention to the make of it. There were people around, sleds were warming up, and it looked like they were staging there. When we came back, just the white truck/trailer were there.

It did seem sort of strange but then there are some strange people in this world.

Why do you ask?
Hey Doug It was still parked there yesterday (Sunday) at the end of the day.... Didn't look likenit had moved from Saturday AM

Top Bottom