Fernie or CNP

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lets doo it,, tomorrow,, I know this area well some sun and -8,,,,

are ya coming Ian??????

I am in:beer:

Ya just waitting for jimmy to call me back,u want to go to fernie,have u talked with nedecssic is he going.Gas can to phone me at supper time.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya just waitting for jimmy to call me back,u want to go to fernie,have u talked with nedecssic is he going.Gas can to phone me at supper time.

YA i WOULD BE DOWN TO HIT MORRISSEY IF THATS WHAT YOU FIGURE,, sorry caps

a bit of fresh and suposed to be some sun tomorrow

call me in a bit or text, I work till 9..

sounds like nedasac would be in too and gas can,, sweeet

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Cale gets one of his sleds running by this weekend we might have to tag along with you guys ;)

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If Cale gets one of his sleds running by this weekend we might have to tag along with you guys ;)

I am only in for tomorrow I think,,, come on Pizzzer get the sled run n,,, I work saturday,, but I think I am still going to come to Revy for Mar 6th weekend if the weather is right

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Rode up to Wranglers cabin yesterday, kudo's to the Fernie snowmobile club for the excellent job on grooming the trails. It was like a winter wonderland compared to the Alberta side, but still low snow depth for this time of year. It was quite warm yesterday and raining at the lower elevations, with light snow up top. We went down the Morrisey road as well to the staging area. It was slushy pretty much from the Cat ski gates to the parking lot which had a lot of water laying around. Kind of doubting if the Cat Ski is even running that they are dropping the blade at all due to the low snow conditions and slush. The trail up from Fernie seems to be holding together better than Morrisey. The thing to be aware of now is the ice that formed last night with the cooler temperatures and sitting just below the inch or two of snow that dropped today at the lower elevations. Watch the throttle and brakes at the lower elevations, or you'll be following in our tracks which ended with a trip to the hospital in Blairmore today.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We took a couple pictures of the new staging area the Fernie club built this fall. As you can see in the second picture it is just down from the rifle range. Once again kudo's to the Fernie club on a great new staging area and the superior job of grooming trails they are doing this year.

038.jpg

039.jpg

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode up to Wranglers cabin yesterday, kudo's to the Fernie snowmobile club for the excellent job on grooming the trails. It was like a winter wonderland compared to the Alberta side, but still low snow depth for this time of year. It was quite warm yesterday and raining at the lower elevations, with light snow up top. We went down the Morrisey road as well to the staging area. It was slushy pretty much from the Cat ski gates to the parking lot which had a lot of water laying around. Kind of doubting if the Cat Ski is even running that they are dropping the blade at all due to the low snow conditions and slush. The trail up from Fernie seems to be holding together better than Morrisey. The thing to be aware of now is the ice that formed last night with the cooler temperatures and sitting just below the inch or two of snow that dropped today at the lower elevations. Watch the throttle and brakes at the lower elevations, or you'll be following in our tracks which ended with a trip to the hospital in Blairmore today.

What happend at the lower elevations witch sent u to blairmore hospital?

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got home 10mins ago from 4 days riding in Fernie. Day 1 we left from Morrisey and it was not too bad, little rough and slushy when we got back to the truck. The last 3 days we rode from the gun range (Coal Creek Rd) the trail up to the rolling hills is like a highway. Thanks Fernie Snowmobile club. We rode the rolling hills mostly and down to the cabin. The rolling hills were great riding, from one hill all trcked up to another that had no fresh tracks. We were going up to the notch but didn`t go all the waybdue to lack of fuel. But is was really rough also. Once again thanks to the Fernie Snowmobile club for the groomed super highway and the warm-up shelter to the great trails. Our new destination for sledding is now Fernie instead of the CNP:d

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Just got home 10mins ago from 4 days riding in Fernie. Day 1 we left from Morrisey and it was not too bad, little rough and slushy when we got back to the truck. The last 3 days we rode from the gun range (Coal Creek Rd) the trail up to the rolling hills is like a highway. Thanks Fernie Snowmobile club. We rode the rolling hills mostly and down to the cabin. The rolling hills were great riding, from one hill all trcked up to another that had no fresh tracks. We were going up to the notch but didn`t go all the waybdue to lack of fuel. But is was really rough also. Once again thanks to the Fernie Snowmobile club for the groomed super highway and the warm-up shelter to the great trails. Our new destination for sledding is now Fernie instead of the CNP:d

How much further is Coal Creek than say the Yellow Gates?

Top Bottom