Fernie or CNP

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are hoping to go sledding on Feb 20th week-end. Just wondering what the condition are like in the CNP or Fernie, so we can make some reservations. Thanks in advance Mark.:d

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Way more snow around Fernie. We are heading to Morrissey tomorrow and the Fernie ski - snow report says the hills have recieved 10 cm in the last 48 hrs. Fernie snow forecast looks good over the next week or so also (fingers crossed). Have a good one. :)

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Staged a Morrissey, snow was poor down low and the weather sucked but snow was good up in the notch. Couple of pics.

Attachments

• S3600004.jpg
    S3600004.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 61
  • S3600003.jpg
    S3600003.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 75

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotel is booked for Fernie. So where the heck do I go from Morrisey? First time going to Fernie, usually go to the CNP. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. We are not professional riders or we would be going to Revy/McBride somewhere really good, but we can ride (sometimes) darn cats. Thanks Mark:d

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Morrisey is just west of fernie (probably ten minutes).. pay trail fees, park , follow trail in to cabin. then giver s%$t.. follow pipeline up to notch hopefully clear day for ya!!! get a map to be safe!!

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Staged at Atlas today, enough snow for road riding, there was a few bare spots on the road north of the shelter, but the snow seemd to be getting a bit better the further north we went. Should also add the road was good up to the shelter. Still trying to decide where to stage tomorrow.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Morrisey is just west of fernie (probably ten minutes).. pay trail fees, park , follow trail in to cabin. then giver s%$t.. follow pipeline up to notch hopefully clear day for ya!!! get a map to be safe!!

It's south of Fernie. There is a sign on the side of the road. After you cross the bridge hang a right then stay on the main road for a few K.

Rode Morrisey Sat and Today. Both days had decent to good visibility. Snow was about 6-10" of fresh. In the trees you could find some good pockets. Some wind drifts to play on and technical climbs up through trees and wind drifted hills. We had a good time.

Either ride the west side of Rolling Hills, or head up by the notch and back in the trees. Not sure about the lake as we didn't make it there.

Conditions are great for beginners. Deep enough to boon dock a bit, but firm base to prevent you from getting stuck.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Staged at the Satoris road today, enough snow once again to ride down the road but little to no snow off the road, down towards lynx creek the snow level drops even further. Best snow we found was N.W. of the shelter heading back in towards the basins.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Poker run on the weekend was great. Trail was groomed Sat. and Monday night for this week. It will be groomed again on Friday for the weekend. A few pictures. Using the SnowCat, we pull in dead trees to have the outside fire and a little back-country ambience....:beer:

PS don't forget the 30th Annual Fernie Drags....$2000.00 main prize with much appreciation from Trinidad Drilling!!

Attachments

• Poker run 2010 1i.jpg
    Poker run 2010 1i.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Poker run 2010 2i.jpg
    Poker run 2010 2i.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 63
  • Poker run 2010i.jpg
    Poker run 2010i.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Poker run 2010 3i.jpg
    Poker run 2010 3i.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 53

hilinerider

Reaction score
some friends and i are talkin about goin this weekend, what to expect??

any suggestions would be greatly apreciated, stayin at a place in fernie

thanks in advance

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best thing is to keep an eye on the weather, lower tails are a bit ruff, Get a map of area.Look at fernie snowmobile club for info 2. Morresey is a god place to stage out of or there is coal creek right in town bye fast gas.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys. Where are the rolling hills, and Dobir hill at? Is there a place to pay for your trail passes at the staging areas? Where are you thinking of staying at hilinerider? We are going to be in the Super 8. I phoned around the other day for a room and it was anywhere from $110/night to $375/night yea right not a hope. :d

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet pictures Ian! You gotta show us around down there sometime.:beer:

Phone me tomorrow 403-815-7450 we were to get snow tonight but its just really foggy here, guess see what its like in morning as to were to go thursday-friday, fernie was to get 1-3 cms to.Chat soon.Looks like we could get a few peeps together.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Guys. Where are the rolling hills, and Dobir hill at? Is there a place to pay for your trail passes at the staging areas? Where are you thinking of staying at hilinerider? We are going to be in the Super 8. I phoned around the other day for a room and it was anywhere from $110/night to $375/night yea right not a hope. :d

well u can get into the rolling hills a few ways,i guess the best way to get there is to go to the morresey trail head,south of fernie on hwy 3 approx 15k sign on, road little blue one with cat skiing sign to.just stay on main road intel you hit cat skiing u gone to far just back a bit on right hand side of road,They do collect trail passes there on weekends,unload go bye the cat skiing place and follow trail (get a map from huskey fuel station) they are good ones.when on main trail just passed marker 31 on a corner u can go left up throu the trees follow trail and when it opens up go left over to dobir hill and the hills just keep on rolling thats why its the rolling hills,just be careful if it is poor visability u get mixed up bad.If u miss the turn on main trail go to next right hand turn and u go a bit to wranglers cabin and can get on pipeline to south to the notch lots of area there.

Top Bottom