ever seen a polaris fly??

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
westridege in valemount got a into a ravine that was to steep and to deep no chance of getting out.. what a crappy day lol [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rtCiIDIVrM[/media]

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would not want to hook up to one of those carbon fibre bumpers on a pro rmk like that.Looks expensive.

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it blew up , just to embarrassed to say,:d:beer:

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something seems a bit askew with this senario.

Dont they sling a sled a little better then that to fly them out? Would trust that crappy little bumper to hold up to much, and you didnt have the common sense to at least remove your helmet and goggles from the damn machine first before making it fly?

And there was at least two of you in there so if it was so difficult to get out of you either had to walk out or double out with the other guy which would suck even worse.

Im confused:confused:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it blew up , just to embarrassed to say,:d:beer:

I sure hope so for this guys sake it was blown up, can you imagine the BS that's gonna fly over this post ha-ha, this is exactly why I don't ride an Embarrass:d:d:d buddy you keep repping the Polaris and I'll keep making up new Polaris sales pitches he-he"Polaris the way out, if you can afford a chopper ride" hahaha Nice video though, hope your helmet and goggles were tied on good. Should a kept your helmet for the ride out with your buddy!!!! All in all I guess ch!t happens!!!!!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would never trust the back bumper to hold a 500LB sled during the flight out, LOL I was waiting to see the backpack, helmet, or sled fall throught the air.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty clear, he could not get out because it was too steep and deep according to his post, based on that I would think the chopper took it to the top of the hill where he got back on it and kept riding hence letting the helmet and bag go with the sled so he would not have to carry it on his back. This is my guess. I was not there so I will not speculate why he could not go down but from what you can see in the video it does not seem that bad, of course we all know video never shows just how steep it can be.

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty clear, he could not get out because it was too steep and deep according to his post, based on that I would think the chopper took it to the top of the hill where he got back on it and kept riding hence letting the helmet and bag go with the sled so he would not have to carry it on his back. This is my guess. I was not there so I will not speculate why he could not go down but from what you can see in the video it does not seem that bad, of course we all know video never shows just how steep it can be.

Thats what I was thinking too maybe he droped off a cliff :confused:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is why I have 1200 feet of rope and a honda winch lol......but I would have to get to the truck tho! sorry for your bad luck!

I hope the other guy(s) could get out.....if so they must have been on a boosted Yamy! lol

Rescue Pilot

Reaction score
Whats a helichopper price these days?

Not sure of that Slinging set-up, never ever done that myself? The problem with the rear bumber is that when it lets go, the line slingshots up into the Heli-blades AND the sled goes for a fatal thud ( seconds before the Heli does the same???).

We always use the 3 point setup, a strap around each ski/front suspention, and a third strap through the track, never on the bumper. Sleds fly level, some slightly nose left or nose right, and rarely ever any damage.

The costs for that Helicopter (Bell 206B) is generally about $1400 per hour. Figure on 2 miles a minute in flight ( 120 MPH), and a mile a minute (60 MPH)when slinging.

Golden average costs are :

Holt-Gorman-Lang $600.
Cirque Quartz 800 to 1000.
Silent 1200 to 1500.
Silver Mine - either your First born male child or your Left Nut.
inside Parks Canada - Last one was $2,500 :nono:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Not sure in westridge were that would be unless you accidentally drove off the trail there was some pretty good drop offs but there are all bush right off the trail.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Not sure in westridge were that would be unless you accidentally drove off the trail there was some pretty good drop offs but there are all bush right off the trail.

Lots of spots that could be in Westridge Murm...One that comes to mind is the north corner from the lakes facing Valemount.

Top Bottom