Quietest release ever for Doo

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever seen a release from Doo that has was so unresponsive from S & M members.

I know most guys are happy with the current design but i kinda got used to being excited for new tech this time of year. I sure hope Polaris and Cat wil have some interesting updates.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think I have ever seen a release from Doo that has was so unresponsive from S & M members.

I know most guys are happy with the current design but i kinda got used to being excited for new tech this time of year. I sure hope Polaris and Cat wil have some interesting updates.
I know. Almost like a Polaris release. Sorry had to Chris. 😂

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know. Almost like a Polaris release. Sorry had to Chris. 😂
Actually you are very wrong on that. A Polaris release always brings out many emotions. Not all positve or negative but definately many opinions are shared here.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
powder freaks is building 940 kits for the Polaris 850. I’d do that and a set of twins over dropping the money on the 9r personally.
But I also like mod sleds

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo won’t have to release anything new for 10 years at the rate the other 2 brands are going and how big a gap doo has over the competition. Pains me to say it but Doo is WAY out in front.

Agreed. And I’m a diehard Cat guy…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Save yourself $7000 and buy a 850 if you like the 9R.

I was riding with a 850 and a 9r the other day. And id take the 9r if budget isnt a concern. The 850 worked good also, and yes is less expensive.

My friends ride tight trees though, no drag racing on the lake...( i like doing that kinda thing, but they're not into it.)

Last edited:

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Save yourself $7000 and buy a 850 if you like the 9R.

I have 2, 850’s that will not keep up to my new 9R, I did change 9R clutch weights from 72’s to 76’s and still spinning 8300-8350. I think a lot of the 9R’s out there are over spinning. Will be helpful when we see one on a Dyno.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Doo won’t have to release anything new for 10 years at the rate the other 2 brands are going and how big a gap doo has over the competition. Pains me to say it but Doo is WAY out in front.
And are you not a cat guy? I agree that BRP has set a bar that is hard for others to catch up, will take some time. Polaris appears to be behind, Cat and Yamaha has dropped out of the races all together.
BRP is leading with innovation on not just the sleds but the watercraft and pretty much on top on the side by side and atv markets too. I do like Yamaha's products for dependability though.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Certainly a pretty quiet release, in all reality im not shocked because its exactly what i was expecting. The sled is so good that it just needs minor tweaks from here. But know full well BRP isnt stopping, there are industry changing concepts on the drawing board as we speak. I think its a shock to most of us because for the last 6 years BRP has released something that was "shut up and take my money" every single season. and for that matter TWICE in one season with the 2020 expert and 2020 expert turbo mid season release. I get a new machine every season regardless of changes but i think a lot of folks can breath a sigh of relief that perhaps they can hang onto a new sled for a year or two. We are at the limits of pump gas for power, and quite frankly im not so sure i want to hang on to anything more than 180hp for a full days ride. These new sleds rip.

i Hope skidoo focuses on drivetrain inefficiencies, and weight in the coming years. Along with buddy tracking. I would also like to see their new 2 stroke launch mode on the trail sleds make its way into the mountain segment i think it would really help me get out of some crappy situations i put myself in. Perhaps the water/meth injection aswell. I know it adds weight but we could see some pretty consistenet power on those 60 second+ deep snow pulls

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best deal on Kijiji if you’re looking for poo. Same weight as a 9R with. Over $3000 in options. 300 kms.

I rode with a few boosts and in the tight stuff the 9r kills it. Its easier to keep up to the boost on old bertha. 9r works real good in tight steep, deep terrain.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boost has weird bogs and i think its also a matter of how long can you hang onto the thing for.

Even on my old sled, i can ride anywhere until im out of energy.

Cheers

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at a new 9R, but instead bought 2 new cats, and now trying to decide between Supercharger, big bore, or turbo, but don't want turbo lag.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at a new 9R, but instead bought 2 new cats, and now trying to decide between Supercharger, big bore, or turbo, but don't want turbo lag.

then you shoulda got the Gen5T if you dont want those things lol. But seriously, a good friend of mine was a factory cat and speedwerx sponsored rider. He had the supercharger working well but hes now on a G5T and says he will never go back to that aftermarket stuff

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And are you not a cat guy? I agree that BRP has set a bar that is hard for others to catch up, will take some time. Polaris appears to be behind, Cat and Yamaha has dropped out of the races all together.
BRP is leading with innovation on not just the sleds but the watercraft and pretty much on top on the side by side and atv markets too. I do like Yamaha's products for dependability though.
i think your on glue if you think brp is on top of the atv/sxs market. head down to glamis or havasu and brp is non existent.
an engineer from polaris told me that the dealers in phoenix ( 4 of them) sell more atvs and sxs's in a month than all of western canada does in a year.
sleds yes brp all the way. dirt division, not a chance.

Top Bottom