Quietest release ever for Doo

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Annnddd… how about that G5T, 900R bottom end strength and hp at altitude. Pretty sweet, yep the chain and driveshaft on the doo are a jack in the box but so is the Polaris primary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching muskokas videos closely my G5T bottom end throttle response is as good or better than that 9R. NA doo would certainly be better than the 9R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching muskokas videos closely my G5T bottom end throttle response is as good or better than that 9R. NA doo would certainly be better than the 9R

All the sled videos I watch with Polaris's being ridden they gaaaaaaaaaay on the bottom end. And have for many years.. with the exception of some of Burandts sleds. They usually have a few $$$$ of titanium in them though.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What! But the 9R has no lag. Oh, wait a minute, neither does the G5T. :unsure:

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have to wonder how long they were holding the metal brake rez in their back pocket for. Bossman "Ok guys what else beside BNG can we offer, nerd at back what about the metal brake rez"

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you have to wonder how long they were holding the metal brake rez in their back pocket for. Bossman "Ok guys what else beside BNG can we offer, nerd at back what about the metal brake rez"
Since the Rev. They had to produce their own brake reservoir protector ripped off from the aftermarket manufacturers and sell those for a few years first.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running the munster for a few seasons now. Smaller and uses the clamp bolt as an additional mount. Way less chunky than a guard.

Product-Brake-Res-05_900x.jpg

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moving on from the rest of you banter, as I'm pretty sure your poo's emissions have clouded your judgement;

It's actually much much worse than that. As of Jan. 1, 2024 they are banning the sale of all gas engines under 25hp statewide. 2 or 4 stroke. Small Off Road Equipment (SORE) Look it up.
That means lawn mowers, snow blowers, pressure washers, generators, you name it.
I would have a turbo lawn mower pushing 26 hp.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So when you say "throttle response" are you really saying a long stroke Doo turbo that is trying to push turbo weights, before boost is built, or NA Doo accelerates the crank shaft faster than the short stroke 900R? If so, drink up.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So when you say "throttle response" are you really saying a long stroke Doo turbo that is trying to push turbo weights, before boost is built, or NA Doo accelerates the crank shaft faster than the short stroke 900R? If so, drink up.

ive ridden both and yes thats exactly what im saying. G5T throttle response is the same or better than the 9R and the NA doo 850 throttle response is much better than the 9R. Remember when we talked about direct in injection? You wont get the same throttle response no matter how big your pistons are or how short your stroke is without DI

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

“Throttle response” is your thumb being connected to your track. Even before the sled is on the boost.
The stock G5 turbo does that well and a clutched G5 turbo does it even better.

My G5 is like a 180hp NA sled. If doo punches the bore out on that engine….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also,

are you really trying to tell me that fuel delivery directly onto the spark plugs vs way back in the throttle bodies isn't going to lead to faster response? we might be talking about a fraction of a second but you can feel it.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also,

are you really trying to tell me that fuel delivery directly onto the spark plugs vs way back in the throttle bodies isn't going to lead to faster response? we might be talking about a fraction of a second but you can feel it.

You do realize that only Skidoo runs throttle body injection?

Polaris and Cat are both port injection. The injector reacts far faster then your thumb can open the throttle.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its bassically like nos lol little squirt in throttle bodies, the dif from the 800 etec to the 850 for throttle response was pretty good i doubt it was due to the cc increase but more so the adding of the booster injectors the 850 felt substantially faster out of the whole the the old 800 did

only for boost injectors

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive ridden both and yes thats exactly what im saying. G5T throttle response is the same or better than the 9R and the NA doo 850 throttle response is much better than the 9R. Remember when we talked about direct in injection? You wont get the same throttle response no matter how big your pistons are or how short your stroke is without DI
The throttle response of the G5 is good but I don't think any of the educated Doo riders even believe you.

Top Bottom