Etec and The Thing

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm considering stopping by the Sled Shed on the way home and picking up a Thing can for my 2012 800 etec.
Anyone have experience with this can on an etec? Also interested in what the mass difference is. Any info you can share would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOUD!!! No noticeable performance change Negative or Positive, just gives it a crisp sound.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not as loud as the others and you get the wicked cooker setup.

Boobage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats great. I'm defiately not looking for loud. Just weight saving. I'm trying to decide between the thing and hps.
The thing is kinda winning out being a local biz and they have a cooker...but they are the most $$

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats great. I'm defiately not looking for loud. Just weight saving. I'm trying to decide between the thing and hps.
The thing is kinda winning out being a local biz and they have a cooker...but they are the most $$

Price includes cooker I think.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, the price includes the cooker..........did I say a 2-tier cooker!!

BBQ ribs with lots of onions and peppers with a little special sauce in the big one and jumbo lemon garlic shrimp in the other for an appetizer......heehaw!

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, the price includes the cooker..........did I say a 2-tier cooker!!

BBQ ribs with lots of onions and peppers with a little special sauce in the big one and jumbo lemon garlic shrimp in the other for an appetizer......heehaw!

2-tier cooker!! This is new to me, I have not seen this and it is not on the web site, can you post a pic of this magnificent contraption?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran mine on my sled all last season (1500 km) and i never once had a problem of any kind ever. Ran smooth all day and the food was delicious haha

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm considering stopping by the Sled Shed on the way home and picking up a Thing can for my 2012 800 etec.
Anyone have experience with this can on an etec? Also interested in what the mass difference is. Any info you can share would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

give a quick call I just asked about 1 for my 2013 and he said a week or so.... but they probably have the 12's in stock

but I have only heard good things and the cooker is a great option

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1800 km on mine. No problems. Now, when I say "stop" to the guys - cause I know the meat (cheese smokies) is hot and ready, they listen. We could be in a good climb and they all stop because they know if we go farther, things get burnt.
It rocks

Top Bottom