E-tec wont start WTF

daves

Reaction score
I take my shop vac hose with me [x2] all the time ,put one end on tail pipe on the truck and other in side panel of the sled .works awesome.[ I now have the flex hose that the shop use to vent cars out the door]

on the fence

Reaction score
Was is Valemount when it was so cold out (-30) had no problems with the etec?? take clutch cover off and open up secondary with the tool started like a dream.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2014 with estart fired up today at -25 but it did quit once and I had to hit it again. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

westhawk39

Reaction score
My 2012 summit will not start below -23 or so. Exact same as above. Not overly stiff, fires on second or third pull then sputters out. Fourth pull sputters a little longer, then fifth it gets really stiff and is impossible to start. I would try day after day and as long as it stays cold the sled is still very very stiff to pull over. Once it warms up a little (today is -17) it's easy to pull over and started 3rd pull. Very frustrating.

Will have to try the shop vac hose trick

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't you just slowly pull it over 10-15 times to loosen up the engine? I've had to do that on my rev a few times over the years and it's always worked for me.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't you just slowly pull it over 10-15 times to loosen up the engine? I've had to do that on my rev a few times over the years and it's always worked for me.

Yup I do that when its cold pull the key off and slowly pull or over a couple times and then it always starts

Last edited by a moderator:

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does the latest warranty campaign fix this cold start issue or does it just help stop the plugs fouling?.

Top Bottom