E-tec wont start WTF

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
So this might be a reason to get your trailer heated then. Would be a bitch if it sat all night in Vale only to not start the next day ..... I would be choked!!

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Building up the muscles in the legs, chests and arms to ensure a good pull the first time may be an option as well lol

So this might be a reason to get your trailer heated then. Would be a bitch if it sat all night in Vale only to not start the next day ..... I would be choked!!

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shes frosted up.. pull it in warnm it up it will fire no prob.. i wouldnt touch the plugs.. This happened to me last year at minus twenty five when it was high humidity.. after i managed to get it going after putting a heater under the hood but it ran like crap after... So now every gerry can of fuel that goes in it gets four ounces of 99% iso alcohol.. runs like a champ all day every day at any temp... Just my 2 cents that arent worth anything lol

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now that it is liklely flooded is it like the old school carb jobs? Hold her wide open and pull? Or just give it a pull and hope it fires?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shes frosted up.. pull it in warnm it up it will fire no prob.. i wouldnt touch the plugs.. This happened to me last year at minus twenty five when it was high humidity.. after i managed to get it going after putting a heater under the hood but it ran like crap after... So now every gerry can of fuel that goes in it gets four ounces of 99% iso alcohol.. runs like a champ all day every day at any temp... Just my 2 cents that arent worth anything lol

Use sea foam. It's cheaper than ISO is.

The crack heads use it and now its big money for ISO.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
my cat used to be like that at extreme cold temp. I just pulled it all the way out slowly 10-15 times and it would loosen up a bit then pull like a mf'er till she fires....always worked but was a work out

sick1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your going to use gasline antfreeze or other water displacing products make sure there is no methyl hydrate in them.. methylhydrate has a different burn point than iso and can cause detonation.. iso burn simular to gas. and its not expensive i buy farm grade vet iso at 15.00 a gallon..

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1 pull. I guess it truly is the wifes sled. Dont like the cold.
ugyge6eq.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had to start my XM last winter at -26 a couple times. Took everything I had and multiple tugs to get it started.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
synthetic oils like amsoil ect?..have my whole 1 ton on synthetics...possible for 14 skidoos?

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this was your first start up for the season then there was likely moisture in the engine which then iced up your plugs.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now that it is liklely flooded is it like the old school carb jobs? Hold her wide open and pull? Or just give it a pull and hope it fires?

unfortunately that doesnt work at all. etec has a throttle position sensor. if it senses more than 5% throttle opening during startup it will not fire because it thinks the throttle is stuck open. you could hold it wide open and tug and the plugs wont even fire. would be a good laugh to watch someone do it i guess LOL

lsone

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unfortunately that doesnt work at all. etec has a throttle position sensor. if it senses more than 5% throttle opening during startup it will not fire because it thinks the throttle is stuck open. you could hold it wide open and tug and the plugs wont even fire. would be a good laugh to watch someone do it i guess LOL
Lame, Most EFI vehicles, 100% TPS signal puts the computer into flood clear mode. Crank WOT a couple times then release gas pedal and try again.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No wasn't the first startup of the year. All good now loading up in a few hours hope to head out of town by noon.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom