E-tec wont start WTF

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lame, Most EFI vehicles, 100% TPS signal puts the computer into flood clear mode. Crank WOT a couple times then release gas pedal and try again.

I could be wrong! I was assuming that it would it shut off throughout the entire range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lame, most efi vehicles, 100% tps signal puts the computer into flood clear mode. Crank wot a couple times then release gas pedal and try again.

but efi vehicles don't have a accel sensor tied into the teather

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lame, Most EFI vehicles, 100% TPS signal puts the computer into flood clear mode. Crank WOT a couple times then release gas pedal and try again.

That's the way the SDI was. Tether on, killswitch off, throttle WFO and pull it over a few times to clear it out.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya after sitting in the garage fir about 5 hrs it stared first pull. Thank god we are in a heated trailer right now. Or I might of had to sit in the truck while everyone else heads up the hill in the am. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hadn't touched my etec since I did the winterize procedure last April. Didn't even dust it off. First pull, 1250rpm warm up. Money.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya after sitting in the garage fir about 5 hrs it stared first pull. Thank god we are in a heated trailer right now. Or I might of had to sit in the truck while everyone else heads up the hill in the am. Lol.

are you a smaller guy? not tryin to diss, my buddy weighs around 330 and is always bragging about his etec and it's one pull starting. we were out in kakwa and got up to -30 one morning, he one handed it as usual and it didn't start....we giggled and then he used two hands, it fired right up lol.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Um no not really a smaller guy. 210. But my kid was the one that tried to start it first and he is smaller like 140. So that could be it.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what is the verdict? Will the ETEC flood itself and if it does what is the best way to get it running. I'm not lucky enough to have a heated trailer. Thanks

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was just to cold for it. Warmed it up started one pull.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sometimes have to use a 2 stage pull. Pull it out about 2 feet slow, brace yourself and yank the rest of the way. It'll go.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WWish it was the cold being a reason for mine...
:mad:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 stage pull...lol Just pull like a man. Might have to hit the gym??

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also an E-Tec will start will the throttle open but it won't rev above clutch engagement. You can hold it to the bars and it just revs to about 3000 and beeps at u like when it says to check key. Found that out after buddy rolled his sled,snapped off the bars and it pulled his throttle cables outta whack so the throttle was stuck open.

Sent from my iPhone using

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well WTF....heard that these machines had zero issues......well at least the fit & finish is perfect......lol[/QUOT

LMAO........hey there is still time to dump that cat and get a Doo to have a truly Merry Christmas!:smiliestirthepot:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well WTF....heard that these machines had zero issues......well at least the fit & finish is perfect......lol[/QUOT

LMAO........hey there is still time to dump that cat and get a Doo to have a truly Merry Christmas!:smiliestirthepot:

Nah....lol.....my local skidoo salesman thinks I'ma 5 year old.....so that ain't gonna happen too soon.....

Top Bottom