E-tec wont start WTF

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like it says wanted to throw it in the garage for the night we are leaving tomorrow for Valemount.
It is -26 and it is hard to pull over? I will drag it on the garage I guess and change the plugs?
Anyone else have this issue? Is it because it is to cold? Its a snowmobile. The 09 started 2 pulls. Not impressed.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most sleds are pretty hard to pull over at -26? Don't rule out a bad plug though.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even with the dess key in the wrong position it should start. Check the obvious like the kill switch.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked all of the above. I just parked there on Sunday? Must be to cold i will drag it in and leave it for 4-5 hours and see what happens.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that's what the dealer told me. Also said it takes 2 hours to change plugs. Does it realy take that long.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Zapper012

Reaction score
I cant imagine, but I've never had to do it on a new etec, the plugs look fairly easy to access...

Good luck! hope things work out for ya, nothing worse than dealing with issues right before heading out on a trip.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let it warm up it will be fine. if its that cold they need a really good tug to start. which is hard to do. so if you dont get a good pull to make it fire it will flood out

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are easy to change with the proper tools but i just cant remember what those are lol. just be carefull because they now go into the head on an angle and are easy to crossthread

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
let it warm up it will be fine. if its that cold they need a really good tug to start. which is hard to do. so if you dont get a good pull to make it fire it will flood out

^^this. My buddy and I went to go out when it was around that temp. Could barely pull it over and would not start. Threw a heater on it for awhile and it started up. It will start when its that cold, but its the crappy small pulls you give it at the start that flood it and its a real pig after that.

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I am sure it is flooded now. Had to get the Boys Ptec to pull in the Etec. They we sitting side by side.
a5egymyh.jpg

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have it coming on my 14 which I found out this morning has finally shipped.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if you park outside all winter, maybe that water recirc heater kit ( whatever its called ) might be worth looking into..

Top Bottom