2016 M8000 Wont Start

Diamond Ranch

Reaction score
Hi Everyone I am hoping I can get some help. This sounds like a common issue with these sleds so I hope people know how to fix it. The first time my sled would not start it sat in the trailer when it was -25F over night. I was able to get it to start by holding the throttle wide open and pulled and it finally went. Now this time 1 week later I was up in the back country shut it off to let it cool down and it would not start again, finally it went, nothing seemed to make a difference throttle wide open with key and kill switch on or off. About an hour later we had to cut a pretty good side hill I was about 6-7 rpms and I accidentally hit the kill switch. It would not start we sat there for over an hour pulling like crazy, playing with the throttle, kill switch and key but NOTHING worked. We finally pulled a plug had spark and it was bone dry! so we put some gas down the cylinder and boom she fired right up. It ran ok the rest of the day had a weird sputter in the mid range but it got me home. So I pulled it in the shop put it on the stand reved it up to 6500 rpm and shut the kill switch off while holding the throttle and what do you know it wont start again and the cylinders are bone dry of fuel and no matter how many times you pull on her it wont inject fuel so WTF!! Its a brand new sled only has 270 miles on it. I am thinking either TSS, TPS, or a bad ECU any help would be greatly appreciated. I have 4 2008-2010 M8 and in over 10,000 miles on two of the sleds I never had and issues like this. I have ran a bottle of heet through it so there should be no water in the system I only run 91 ethanol free fuel

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it in for warranty if you have it. If it is a Ecu issue then they should be able to pull a code on it and if not then you have a more serious issue and it would be good for a cat certified mechanic look at it. Heck maybe its something they have ran into before and know exactly what todo to fix it. Never good not being able to start that could make for a long day getting back from the backcountry.

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like tps issue,Ialways changed out the throttle block and pulled the TPS on my cats, used a dirtbike style kill switch for reverse and no kill switch...that's what you have a tether for.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
sounds like tps issue,Ialways changed out the throttle block and pulled the TPS on my cats, used a dirtbike style kill switch for reverse and no kill switch...that's what you have a tether for.

there was an issue with the Arctic Cat tethers too, if you have a tether on it, disconnect the tether then try to start it. We spent 3 hours in the Bell parking lot last easter with a 2016, we disconnected the TPS, changed plug, pulled the fuel line, tested fuel pressure, disconnected the kill switch.... NOTHING..... disconnected the Arctic Cat tether, she fired right up.

Top Bottom