Does my Secondary Look o.k? Possible cracks

muddmadness

Reaction score
To Me these look like cracks. what do you think? IMAG0256.jpg IMAG0257.jpg IMAG0258.jpg IMAG0259.jpg

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if you looked at a clutch off a 90's sled it would look the same. I don't think they are cracks but more so the manufacturing process. I have never heard of a Team secondary blowing up up under normal usage.

muddmadness

Reaction score
Thanks, thats what i was hoping. only 150 miles on it and its pretty much stock. I am 275 lbs so it does carry quite a load.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm about 99% sure that those are not cracks......but years ago I was breaking trail.......it was getting one hell of a work out with those plastic paddles lol.......then BOOM.......secondary exploded.......it look like a bomb went off on that side of the sled......belley pan,hood,didnt even look like it had a belt guard, beat up the primary clutch too......that was all fixable, but I did have a chunk that went through my snow pant into my leg that the Doc had to pull out! so with that all said just be careful.......I guess alum you can not have magnafluxed because its not magnetic......I had some connecting rods x-rayed at a place that builds Airplane engines......now they might use untrasound instead!

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm about 99% sure that those are not cracks......but years ago I was breaking trail.......it was getting one hell of a work out with those plastic paddles lol.......then BOOM.......secondary exploded.......it look like a bomb went off on that side of the sled......belley pan,hood,didnt even look like it had a belt guard, beat up the primary clutch too......that was all fixable, but I did have a chunk that went through my snow pant into my leg that the Doc had to pull out! so with that all said just be careful.......I guess alum you can not have magnafluxed because its not magnetic......I had some connecting rods x-rayed at a place that builds Airplane engines......now they might use untrasound instead!

That's crazy!

Sent from my mobile telephone

muddmadness

Reaction score
They all look like that.

Thats what i have come to find out. Thanks guys. I also emailed Team about it and here is their response:
No, your secondary is not cracking. It’s what is called in the Die Casting Industry as Heat Check.

As the die casting mould wears, the surface of the castings become rougher and rougher. The die for this casting is at the end of it’s life cycle, which is why you see the heat check.

It does not affect the integrity of the part at all, strictly cosmetic.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Dean

Dean Grossman
TEAM Industries - Aftermarket
1637 Dan Street
Detroit Lakes, MN 56501
PH: 218-846-6302 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 218-846-6302 end_of_the_skype_highlighting (Direct)
Fax: 218-844-5758

Top Bottom