Do you get your deposit back

max900

Reaction score
sold my truck to a the guy gave me 700 on fri and was going to pick it up tonight but now he dosnt want it what do you guys think:confused::confused:

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whats his reasoning for not wanting it now? If its a legit reason ...then do the right thing and give him back his $$$

....did you lose another potential buyer over him giving you a deposit?

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it was 1 - 200 I could see tellin' him to pound sand......especially if you lost another sale while holding it. 700 is alot of money for some people....if the reasons legit, do the right thing, and you obviously know what it is, that's why your asking.
Something else to keep in the back of your mind.....HE KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE !!!

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would not say

well thats a little lame on his part thou....at least he could give you a reason why?.....did you lose another possible sale thou?....he at least owes you an answer then you could read him the riot act a little and give him back his money....maybe next time he'd think about commiting and following through or making sure he is serious with a deal after dropping a deposit....

max900

Reaction score
What does your deposit agreement say?? Oh, you dont have one...Well, give the deposit back then...

for your info we do have a agreement it says i keep the money most people dont bail and told about six poeple it was sold

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
for your info we do have a agreement it says i keep the money most people dont bail and told about six poeple it was sold

if thats the case and he is being a bit of a priick then keep the deposit , he would be all piisey with you if you sold it to someone else after he gave you a deposit , if he has a good reason for bailing then thats different .

max900

Reaction score

is it fair to say give him half back now he says it his wife damn wife LOL

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
been on both sides.... and never expected my deposit back nor have kept it....

If it were me, I'd say fine, I keep the deposit for 5 days.... if the truck sells in 5 days you get it back if after 5 days it has not sold I keep the deposit..

Legally you have every right to keep it and should you chose to do so so be it, but refering back to the "he knows where you live" comment... the 5 day window is how I'd personally proceed....

badss

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would not say

sounds like he may have a delima on his hands....maybe do as the others and give it back...its Thanksgiving and if its that good a truck you'll always sell it anyway. It'd probrably make you feel alot better as a person to give it back...and it is thanksgiving! just my 2 cents....

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd give it back,

i sold a boat, the couple took it home, tried and they were disipointed in the boat, it wasnt what they thought it would be and she phoned and begged me to take it back and they would give me some money for my troubles after i checked the boat all over of course...... i took the boat back and gave them there money back. made me feel good and i wasn't worried about selling it, it sold 4 days later.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
What does your deposit agreement say?? Oh, you dont have one...Well, give the deposit back then...

Ok, so if you have a legal deposit agreement, AND it states that if he backs out of sale, he forfeits the deposit, why ask the question? From a legal standpoint, you are entitled to keep it...

If you formatted an agreement and included a forfeit clause, then you must have thought this through, still dont understand why ask us the question then...

If you put a deposit on a vehicle at a dealership, and dont take it, they will refund your deposit. With your agreement, I assume you intended to keep any deposit, so again, why the hesitation??

Either you DONT have an agreement, OR it isnt a legal agreement, OR you are scared that KARMA has your address...

Seriously, 30 people have said give it back...Or dont, your choice, but if 30 people give your advice on a question that YOU asked, take the advice...

Top Bottom