Different oils at -40

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using amsoil for my poo since I brought it home from the dealer. Been running it in everything actually. A dealer is going to do what a dealer has to do to stay compliant.

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? Maybe read the whole article lol

I mean overall the Amsoil produced more protection/lubricity but the difference was marginal at best. I'm not even sure the units of the deposit numbers, but the only substantial difference between the two oils was the piston undercrown deposits.

Both oils are sitting side by side on the shelf with a comparable price? After reading this I guess I would run the Amsoil. Would I go out of my way or pay $20 more a jug to have almost non-existent benefits that I would never notice while running the sled? Probably not

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My question is, how big of market is the power Sport’s market for amsoil? When you do a marketing video like this with the 3 big two stroke snowmobile company’s basically being your test subject are you biting the hand that feeds you?

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mean overall the Amsoil produced more protection/lubricity but the difference was marginal at best. I'm not even sure the units of the deposit numbers, but the only substantial difference between the two oils was the piston undercrown deposits.

Both oils are sitting side by side on the shelf with a comparable price? After reading this I guess I would run the Amsoil. Would I go out of my way or pay $20 more a jug to have almost non-existent benefits that I would never notice while running the sled? Probably not

I hear where you are coming from but whatever protects my motor best is what I will use. I have an amsoil account and it’s very close to my doo dealer so it’s a no brainer for me. My top end went on my 12 Freeride in 2400 km of mountain riding with stock XPS oil. After my warranty was up and amsoil won that lawsuit I switched immediately to the interceptor.

I also had an 05 RMK 900 that I bought with 4 buddies. They all ran poo oil and I ran the interceptor and I kid you not, my motor was the last one standing that year (motors were grenades lol)

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My question is, how big of market is the power Sport’s market for amsoil? When you do a marketing video like this with the 3 big two stroke snowmobile company’s basically being your test subject are you biting the hand that feeds you?

AMSOIL has been in Powersports for a very long time. They are not competing with dealers, they are marketing to the consumer and showing how their oil out performs. Let’s be honest. After the warranty is done dealers don’t give a **** about you anymore. If you are keeping your machine for an extended length of time just like a new truck/car I would be putting in the top products so you get some longevity out of it. IMO

Top Bottom