Definetly Not Saskatchewan

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its Healy Creek area near Trout Lake BC on a ride last Thurs.

Attachments

• P9300004.jpg
    P9300004.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 393
  • P9300007.jpg
    P9300007.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 382
  • P9300009.jpg
    P9300009.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 389
  • P9300011.jpg
    P9300011.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 387
  • P9300017.jpg
    P9300017.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 382

Dale C.

Reaction score
I can't wait to try an area like that. That type of riding is exactly what I had wanted to do when I bought my quad. Someday.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some very cool places like this in the Trout Lake area. Lots of old mines and abandoned equipment but NO TOURIST GARBAGE. A buddy of mine from Alberta wouldn't believe that there was no garbage left over so he checked out a camp fire site to see if there was some beer or bean cans. NOTHING ! The people that use these sites do a great job of taking thier garbage out when they leave.

One fun thing for the kids to see at the mines abandoned camp site (approx. mile 10 or 12) is a family of Weasles that has learned to mooch from riders when they stop for a break. They'll come within 3 ft to get a piece of meat from your sandwich.

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some very cool places like this in the Trout Lake area. Lots of old mines and abandoned equipment but NO TOURIST GARBAGE. A buddy of mine from Alberta wouldn't believe that there was no garbage left over so he checked out a camp fire site to see if there was some beer or bean cans. NOTHING ! The people that use these sites do a great job of taking thier garbage out when they leave.

One fun thing for the kids to see at the mines abandoned camp site (approx. mile 10 or 12) is a family of Weasles that has learned to mooch from riders when they stop for a break. They'll come within 3 ft to get a piece of meat from your sandwich.

Theres 2-3 birds that chill by the cabin off kakwa lake that will land on your arm for food. My dad was telling a story while eating his sub and had his arm out pointing at something, the bird just swooped down and sat on it. Its pretty neat stuff, with ferrets that is way cooler than birds tho.

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same thing happen, but not with birds or ferrets, it was a marmot. He would take pepperoni right out of your hand

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what about the jackpines in the winter skidooin..... many many places have them and they are more than willing to take.....

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres 2-3 birds that chill by the cabin off kakwa lake that will land on your arm for food. My dad was telling a story while eating his sub and had his arm out pointing at something, the bird just swooped down and sat on it. Its pretty neat stuff, with ferrets that is way cooler than birds tho.

At the kimberley alpine resort there are birds that will do this. You hold out your hand and they will grab some bread and fly away. Or you can toss it in the air and they will grab it. Its in the sunpit. Pretty cool to see, and a nice way to enjoy a beer at the top.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to see the road is still open, any signs of deactivation up Healy? Read on another site that they had started to close it down, fricken Grizzly Bear Ranch owner has tried for years to have a motorized closure put in place up there. :realmad:

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road is still open as always. Sign said deactivation by Sept 20 but nothing yet. If the chief engineer in Nelson Forestry says it won't be severe, I beleive him - a no BS guy.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road is still open as always. Sign said deactivation by Sept 20 but nothing yet. If the chief engineer in Nelson Forestry says it won't be severe, I beleive him - a no BS guy.

When did you talk to him? Good news for sure, that area is amazing!

Top Bottom