December Snow Conditions

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Haven't yet. I know most areas now have over 4' of consolidated snow, with powder on top. You can trench down in areas over 4' deep without seeing bottom.
Good question when I'm there between Xmas and New Years I will probe in a few areas.
I was there 2 weeks ago and I can say that there is considerably more snow as rocks that were sticking out 3-4' high as well as spruce trees and there covered. There is some larger rocks visible and the smaller ones are under the powder where there just covered another good snowfall and it should be good. There are a few creeks open but those are just about bridged with snow.

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't yet. I know most areas now have over 4' of consolidated snow, with powder on top. You can trench down in areas over 4' deep without seeing bottom.
Good question when I'm there between Xmas and New Years I will probe in a few areas.
I was there 2 weeks ago and I can say that there is considerably more snow as rocks that were sticking out 3-4' high as well as spruce trees and there covered. There is some larger rocks visible and the smaller ones are under the powder where there just covered another good snowfall and it should be good. There are a few creeks open but those are just about bridged with snow.

Thanks, we're heading there with a group over the holidays as well, planning to sled the 30th, 31st and the 1st - maybe we'll see you at the Grizzly on New Year's Eve. We don't have much snow at home and have really been hoping all the gems will be covered by the time we get there, and so far the forecast looks promising.

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Renshaw Saturday

image.jpg

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nope, stopped 2" before the tree but close. Just got home and the backside to Renshaw was as deep as the ant hills. Did the drop down the ladder towards spirit lake but pretty deep for the one sled that was with us and later in the day so stayed by Goshst lake and did one pull to the top of the tripple rib on north side above trees. Great snow and a great time was had by all.
Nice riding with all of you again.
Heading back for a one day ride on 29th.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not only did I manage to got stuck I poked a hole through a side panel while navigating the trees.
That's where this phot came from

Life is good in "Da Hood"

I thought that was pretty quick thinking using that tree to mark the location for your next side panel vent!

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, we're heading there with a group over the holidays as well, planning to sled the 30th, 31st and the 1st - maybe we'll see you at the Grizzly on New Year's Eve. We don't have much snow at home and have really been hoping all the gems will be covered by the time we get there, and so far the forecast looks promising.
Ron will be at our new years eve dance, so you will have to come there to catch him.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron, when you get a chance can you email me the weekend's pictures.

Thanks

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron will be at our new years eve dance, so you will have to come there to catch him.

This is our first time staying right in McBride, normally we stay in Valemount or at Terracana, but we haven't made any plans for New Year's Eve (and heck we may be too tired anyway), but there will be at least 6 of us ranging in age from 40 - 55, where would you recommend we bring in the New Year? Named the Grizzly earlier just because most of the guys have been there and it's a pretty nice place, and the ladies do want to check it out at some point during our trip.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are hoping to come out between christmas and new years but the forecast isnt looking to promising, no snow for almost a week and nothing on the radar for the next week, hoping they are wrong

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3 of us will be arriving Saturday morning for 4 days of riding.

Let it snow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom