December Snow Conditions

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be up Lucille tomorrow am to put the roof on the new outhouse.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has room in their riding group for a tag along? I was going to be down in McBride Friday, Saturday to ride but plans have changed for my usual ridding partner. I have all my avy gear, AST1 certified 3 times and took a refresher last year, and ride a reliable sled. I'm not a chute climber, I ride on the safer side and like to play in the trees also. If im still able to get a room I would like to ride this weekend.

(Man it feels strange posting a wanted ad... LOL)

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has room in their ridding group for a tag along? I was going to be down in McBride Friday, Saturday to ride but plans have changed for my usual ridding partner. I have all my avy gear, AST1 certified 3 times and took a refresher last year, and ride a reliable sled. I'm not a chute climber, I ride on the safer side and like to play in the trees also. If im still able to get a room I would like to ride this weekend.

(Man it feels strange posting a wanted ad... LOL)
you could likely hook up with us, will be there Thursday through Sunday.........call me if interested...780-903-6818

Ohmz

Reaction score
yeah man a friend and I are meeting up there tomorrow night to ride fri and sat if you wanna tag along. kinda in the same boat with other buddies not able to come.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy canceled the cabins already I guess. And beaver creek is booked up now, where else is a good place to stay? I only ever stay at beaver creek.

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah man a friend and I are meeting up there tomorrow night to ride fri and sat if you wanna tag along. kinda in the same boat with other buddies not able to come.

you could likely hook up with us, will be there Thursday through Sunday.........call me if interested...780-903-6818

I will be leaving after my night shift that ends at 5am Friday morning, think I will leave early though and should arrive in McBride around 8-9am. Does that work for either one of you ? Not sure what time everyone gets ready to head up the trail in the mornings. PM me if that works for either of you guys.

Thanks for the offers to let me join. Have a good night guys.
Landon

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was lots of rocks behind the saddle still I've heard. Need another good meter of snow.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod this morning and there was a blizzard starting so that's good to hear but temps are on the warmer side -3 -5. He was out on Renshaw again fixing things up, the chute from the trail up to the cabin was cleaned up substantially but there are still a couple stumps just on top so be aware. Otherwise in good shape. And the weatherman is predicting 3 or 4 days of snow, hopefully he's right!!
Getting over to the backside is easy just be aware of rocks and the saddle tops were rocky also! If it's snowing it may be a little harder to see hazards!

Last edited:

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been into the back of Renshaw yet ? if so what does the climb out of the valley look like ?
some guys were back to this side of spirit and said it was better there but still landmines to watch out for.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the other way to back behind the saddle from the opposite side? If you're look from the cabin there is passage through there, is that assessable all the time? I only took it back one time last year, heard some guys saying there is usually a big cornice?

Top Bottom