December Conditions

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm headed up in the morning I'm looking forward to a few days away. I'm confident we will find snow. If not.......... I know where the Giggling Grizz is. :d:beer:

There were guys in a couple of days ago that went up renshaw and said once you got up there that it was a great day, they spent all day tryin to get into blackwater from 27km and didn't make it all the way into the top main meadows.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
So we will be running Renshaw as groomed tommorow morning Thursday, this year there is a Cabin at the Y where the upper and lower tracks meet, it is a little booth on the side of the trail, you just have to stop and pick up your passes and then your good to go. They are $25 per sled this year. The upper parking lot has been expanded quite a bit so there should be lots of room, we need to keep everyone off of the roads so please think about how you park your vehicle, so as many as possible can fit, I drove past the log yard today and it was open so should be able to use that if we do run out of room up top.

Looking forward to seeing you on the hills, and keep snow dancing!:d

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
have fun mike

ill be up on the 27th so leave some stuff for the rest :)

Nope :d I'm gonna hit every spot of fresh I see.:d Well ok I will leave just enough that you can play around the cabins. :d:beer: I'm planning a trip I Feb Dennis that you should shoot for too, it would be great to see ya.

Cheers,

Mike.:beer:

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Just a note to everyone that while Renshaw trail is groomed, the groomed section doesnt start untill about 2km up and I want to let everyone know that you need to take it easy for the first 5km up the trail because the snow is a bit scant. After that it is fairly smooth sailing. We are still working the bugs out of the booth:p but once it is all set up you will be able to check your Avy beacons as well, SAFETY SAFETY! Its going to be a great year, just keep snow dancing!:d

Bell and Lucille are being groomed tonight so all three hills should be pretty for Friday Morning HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was up renshaw to get propane done in cabin and clean. trail was smooth and a bit of fresh, not much. have to go back up today to install a new reg and hose for bbq as the porcupine eat the one that was up there. will go for a tour into the back country to check conditions for myself. later all.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Just a note, effective Sunday morning Renshaw trail will be 20$ a pass until we get more snow. Once the snow comes they will return to 25$. Renshaw is being groomed tonight(Saturday) so it should look pretty Sunday Morning.

On a side note I wanted to say thank you to SnowSeeker for providing the "facilities" for my shack muchly appreciated! I got to meet Rusty today and he told me they came from you so thank you!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the hills, oh and if your checking out our weather your better to check Prince George's report because on the Weather Network they are totally wrong! Today it said that it was 30 below when in fact it was only 14 below. Usually we are a bit warmer then PG but it is still closer than what they say for the McBride area.

KEEP SNOW DANCING!:)

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up Renshaw yesterday trail was good in. There still isn't alot of snow we measure 72cm by cabin still need to watch for grenades, they are doing what they can to make the trails good but there is no new snow. Had a good day with Rusty and crew no damage done lots of good riding in the trees.
dec192010 031.jpg

dec192010 036.jpg

dec192010 037.jpg

dec192010 041.jpg

dec192010 033.jpg

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
broke trail from 27 into blackwater on friday, took most of the day to do it, thanks to Rod for leading the way and help from Mike, Garth and Kevin. would not recommend this trail as there were a number of logs to climb over, snow was very good in the meadows and top of the blackwater. back sat. and all we did was pound out the blackwater all day and took a look over into wienbergers, what a shock to see very little snow down there. we do need snow badly.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i always forget to take pic's

Attachments

• ride 005.JPG
    ride 005.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 404
  • shack 002.JPG
    shack 002.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 416

driller

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures bb was encourging to see that with only 8" of powder in that one picture that a rider can still find a hole to get stuck in.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Thanks for putting up with us rookies!
Was up Renshaw yesterday trail was good in. There still isn't alot of snow we measure 72cm by cabin still need to watch for grenades, they are doing what they can to make the trails good but there is no new snow. Had a good day with Rusty and crew no damage done lots of good riding in the trees.
View attachment 74821

View attachment 74822

View attachment 74823

View attachment 74824

View attachment 74825

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Nothing broke!Belle. needs snow, but we still had a good day!Up there all by ourselves. Trail was like a hiway!
How was today anybody break and did u find good snow

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Website
www.adrenalinejunkiesinc.ca
went up lucielle on friday. no good snow until we got into butterfly. can only play in the flats. entrance wasnt bad going into butterfly. went back in there on sunday and wow what a difference. butterfly entrance was superfast going in. dropped down into larvae and wow that was a bad idea. 4 hours later, multiple attempts and one set of aarms later we got all 5 sleds out. had to pull one sled two thirds of the way out as it caught a rock on the way out. not fun whatsoever. when we came back out of butterfly it got scratched up pretty bad. had to catch 2 sleds from sliding back down it. so we put some trees in an "X" in front of butterfly entrance so nobody goes in until theres some snow. if you go in before new snow, all i can say is we warned you with the barricade and have fun gettin back out of there!! wasnt fun riding out of there at night lol.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went up lucielle on friday. no good snow until we got into butterfly. can only play in the flats. entrance wasnt bad going into butterfly. went back in there on sunday and wow what a difference. butterfly entrance was superfast going in. dropped down into larvae and wow that was a bad idea. 4 hours later, multiple attempts and one set of aarms later we got all 5 sleds out. had to pull one sled two thirds of the way out as it caught a rock on the way out. not fun whatsoever. when we came back out of butterfly it got scratched up pretty bad. had to catch 2 sleds from sliding back down it. so we put some trees in an "X" in front of butterfly entrance so nobody goes in until theres some snow. if you go in before new snow, all i can say is we warned you with the barricade and have fun gettin back out of there!! wasnt fun riding out of there at night lol.

I would love to go with someone that can show me where to drop in to Larvae then what's it called Billygoat or something. I think i know where to drop in and have walked a fair ways but just alittle iffy about a cliff half way down.:eek:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Website
www.adrenalinejunkiesinc.ca
no cliff into larvae. it goes butterfly, larvae, billygoat. billygoat is an absolute blast. need about another 6 feet of snow tho

I would love to go with someone that can show me where to drop in to Larvae then what's it called Billygoat or something. I think i know where to drop in and have walked a fair ways but just alittle iffy about a cliff half way down.:eek:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When snow is low like this Larvae is all rocks, there is another chute over farther from the normal entrance down into Butterfly you can come up. But depending on snow that may be a crapshoot too!

Alberta Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No longer in Alberta... Moved to Toronto!
When snow is low like this Larvae is all rocks, there is another chute over farther from the normal entrance down into Butterfly you can come up. But depending on snow that may be a crapshoot too!

With good snow, it is way more enjoyable to go out on that hill versus the icy butterfly... If you have a ton of snow, you will struggle to get out that optional way.

Top Bottom