December Conditions

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Well Boys I hope your doing lots of snow dancing! We did get a bit more yesterday, Lucille is getting groomed again this evening(friday)

Renshaw is still a no go, Rod checked it out today and just not eneough snow.

Belle is also groomed.

Thankfully it has cooled off to so not to melt the snow we do have.

Look forward to seeing everyone on the hills!:)

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it has been snowing in town since 12:30 this morning, the bad news is it has been blowing as well.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Team Goldmember coming back next weekend! !!

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like it has been snowin in the hills all day, it's been snowing on and off all day in town.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went outside and took a pic of it snowing, didn't turn that great but can kinda tell it's snowing. And there is alot more snow on the ground than we had a couple days ago.

Attachments

• 100_2003.jpg
    100_2003.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 991

05blazerboy

Reaction score
Just got back tonight and all I can say is carnage, lol. Lots of rocks and getting into and out of the saddle was a hell of a treat! Had a bunch of fun, and made it out without damage, but a lot of guys will be putting some money into new sets of a-arms for sure. Snowed up there saturday night, and a flurry was moving in when we left so there might be some more up there. Snow was pretty well even with the cabin deck up Renshaw, maybe a little under. If you can't make it up the trail to Renshaw, you probably shouldn't be riding in the mountains...If you're going to ANY of the hills though, be careful!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Yes, we got a bit more snow but it is still less than a year ago. Barry and Hotrod are going up the Renshaw Trail today. They are going to try to fix up that nasty deactivation ditch at km7.5 and see if we can finally start grooming up there. Barry will probably give us a report on the whole thing tonight. Will remind him to take his camera. We are hoping that the trail will be good enough to haul the big skimmer up with everything to fix the cabin. Finally.

Beautiful day in McBride today +2, sunshine poking through the clouds.

Last edited:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy that came off lucielle lastnight reported over a fgoot of fresh pow and it was still snowin hard when they came down lastnight.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to Hotrod, he will be building the Renshaw trail during the day this Tuesday(14) and Wednesday(15) so if you're planning on riding these days be aware!! Thanks also to BBtoys for his help at 7km to get the ball rolling.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guy that came off lucielle lastnight reported over a fgoot of fresh pow and it was still snowin hard when they came down lastnight.

Yup we were at lucille on sunday and it was WHITE OUT CONDITIONS!!!! Tons of snow and falling fast it was blowing good and a guy had to be careful of the rocks ontop but we stayed in the trees and had nothing but a good time.....

We also rode bell this weekend and it was alright down below in the medow thats kind of to the side and down from the cabin they still need snow but all and all it was a GREAT weekend of riding and after the snow fall we saw on sunday all you folks shouldnt have to worry about nailing rocks any more .....All a guy had to do to come home safe is ride smart.

I do not have pics guys sry i was to amped on the years 1st ride.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes we are setting the renshaw trail today and tomorrow so take it easy going up so as not to run into him. had to take the bobcat up to 7.5 to collect enough snow to make a snow bridge so we can start the grooming process on our last hill. the other 2 are done and being groomed. trail fees will be in effect for this weekend on renshaw. snow is still abit light on the bottom of the trail so make sure the scratchers are down.
i may be up there doing repairs to the cabin this weekend so there may be construction in the cabin, sorry for the inconvienience and if it looks like it is going to be busy i may wait untill Monday.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got back from a weekend at McBride and was pretty good. Had no camera so no pics. Lucielle needs a lot more snow with the large amount of rocks showing, we didn't ride renshaw due to people we met up with saying it's not worth the trail ride up, but belle is the best to ride with the amount of snow we do have. The trees have about 3 and a half feet, and anywhere not sheltered by trees has about a foot of packed snow, but the drifts are about 4-5 feet. I ended up hitting a rock and bending my a-arms on the left side at belle Saturday and LUCKILY Glen had one more set in stock for me so I could ride Sunday! We stayed at comfort of Leonas new "at home B&B" and all I can say is WOW! What a great set up! And the drying room is the greatest creation after the snowmobile! I'm thinking after word gets around about her place(and her cooking!) She will be booked for the winter for sure.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why wont old man winter come out and play? Sounds like the snow is low there still.

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Had one hell of a snowstorm yesterday, hopefully it brought some new to the hills, didn't last to long in town. Everybody keep snow dancing! (even if it makes your kids think your crazy!)
Renshaw will be running as groomed starting thursday. See you on the hills!

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
I'm headed up in the morning I'm looking forward to a few days away. I'm confident we will find snow. If not.......... I know where the Giggling Grizz is. :d:beer:

Top Bottom