Daul fuel slip tank

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one know of a slip tank with two chambers. I would like to carry both diesel and gas. I would be nice if it was low profile at or just above the box. Looked at UFA and Greggs no luck there.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try "DEL" they are just off Barlow and 50th SE

We get our dump box's made there, and I have seen some cool looking slip tanks in there. They Also custom build

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any one know of a slip tank with two chambers. I would like to carry both diesel and gas. I would be nice if it was low profile at or just above the box. Looked at UFA and Greggs no luck there.

Marc at M Line in Grande Prairie built me a set that works with the deck he made me. 150 litres each side with filters and pumps that are protected. 25' of hose each.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be careful hauling any bulk quantity of gas around. Not legal to haul it in quantities above 20 litres per approved container without placards and TDG certificate. Diesel yes, gas no. I know lots of people do it, but it's not legal. If you chose to do it, make sure you pay close attention to grounding everything together to avoid static electricity. Play safe!!

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, but unless things have changed I am pretty sure that if you have a small means of containment and the vessel is placarded I don't think you need vehicle placarding I could be wrong.
Be careful hauling any bulk quantity of gas around. Not legal to haul it in quantities above 20 litres per approved container without placards and TDG certificate. Diesel yes, gas no. I know lots of people do it, but it's not legal. If you chose to do it, make sure you pay close attention to grounding everything together to avoid static electricity. Play safe!!

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Small means of containment is 450 Liters our less.
Thanks for the tip, but unless things have changed I am pretty sure that if you have a small means of containment and the vessel is placarded I don't think you need vehicle placarding I could be wrong.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
30-450L you just need class 3 hazard labels with UN1203 and "GASOLINE" on the container. 450-2000L you need at least one placard.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome that makes sense.

"approved containers" are different for gasoline than diesel.... Ask a custom builder to build you a tank for gas and they will say no way. Diesel... How big do you want.. Makes sense here with the low Vapor pressure for gas and the volatility/stability of diesel fuel.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Small means of containment is 450 Liters our less.

For diesel, yes. For gas, no. Diesel is classed as a flammable liquid, gas is a combustible liquid. Big difference. Try finding a slip tank approved for gas. Very hard to find, expensive and requires plackarding and a TDG certificate to haul. That's why people either fly under the radar or use jerry cans. You can haul all the gas you want in your truck as long as it's in approved containers 20L or less.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For diesel, yes. For gas, no. Diesel is classed as a flammable liquid, gas is a combustible liquid. Big difference. Try finding a slip tank approved for gas. Very hard to find, expensive and requires plackarding and a TDG certificate to haul. That's why people either fly under the radar or use jerry cans. You can haul all the gas you want in your truck as long as it's in approved containers 20L or less.

I thought we went over this recently. Something about a limit of 150L total gas for hauling gas in 20L or smaller containers.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do the regs say for the stock fuel tank in vehicles - lots of gas trucks are pushing 150L now. If you had an approved container in the box and plumbed it in to the truck directly, does this change how it's classified at all? Just wondering...

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The fuel tank in the vehicle is already approved as a component of the vehicle and does not fall under the TDG guidelines. its contents are not added to what you carry in the back of the truck.

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info fireman I am using Jerry Cans now and they are a pain in the ass. What is ironic is that the plastic cans are a approved contains but represent a huge fire hazard (static and spillage).

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya!! We all struggle with those friggin jerry cans! I don't think I've ever seen one that doesn't piss when you're fuelling something. As for the static thing, just make sure it's on the ground and not your tailgate when you fill it and try to touch the filler neck of whatever you're filling to prevent a static discharge between the vehicle and the jerry can. The plastic is actually designed to suppress static electricity by letting it flow across its surface to ground. Generally safe but those damn dribbly spouts are a pissoff.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do they get away with fueling stations on toy haulers?

Same as a vehicle. An approved manufacturer properly installing an approved tank,pump,etc according to CSA/UL standards and meeting all applicable automotive requirements. All that engineering and standard-meeting is why toy haulers cost so much more.

Top Bottom