CYCLEWORKS Calgary worst experience EVER!!!!

jurban

Reaction score
I just want to let everyone know about how my recent trip to cycleworks Calgary when. I bought a new Polaris 850XP a few months again. So I had it in for some warranty work. I needed a new winch and my bolts on my prop shaft came loose. As I was dropping off the bike two of the service guys told me that if I have driven in more that 6 inches of water that my winch wouldn't be covered under warranty and that they where in the business of proving it had been in more than 6 inches of water. 6 INCH OF WATER WTF? I then told them that I like to drive in the back alley and on my lawn and winch off my front steps :p Anyway I get a call 4 days later saying that everything is repaired and no problem but I'm due for my 20 hour service no problem I said go head and do it. They do service find some more issues and said there is no way they can get the parts in time for when I wanted to pick up my bike the left steering knuckle tie rods and ball joints are shot and they told me my brakes are metal on metal on all 4 of them. So I said ok fine well finish up the 20 hour service work and I'll come pick it up and I'm going to to ride it the way it is and bring it back next week. Anyway they then advise me that I should ride it blah blah blah :rant: and then told me that they where going to charge me to put the bike back together. :realmad: I asked them did I tell you to take it apart.... there was a pause well well I I assumed we would be doing the warranty work..... Well you assumed wrong anyway I them told them there better not a charge on the bill. So I go pick up the bike and there is no issues no charges for putting it together. No one really had any answer as to why my bike has all these issue surprise my guess it was made on Friday at 4:30pm Oh well. So I get it home and I want to look at the brake myself and the issues with quad so I take the tires off and notice that the RETARED WRENCH MONKEY that puts the bike back together has bent one of my Wheel studs on and the brakes have 30% left on them not METAL ON METAL...... SO NOW I'm ULTRA PISSED so I call CYCLE JERKS this morning and tell them about the bent wheel stud and that the brakes still have some left on them and well they say sorry its not our problem you bent it blah blah blah and well 30% is what I meant to say I said well this will be the last time I ever set foot or spend money at your store. I had the worst experience ever at CYCLE WORKS I would not recommend them to anyone!!!!!

Sorry for the Rant but I'm used to dealing with Ralphs Motorspots where I get real customer service and mechanics that know what they are doing!!!!!!

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try mountain toys polaris in cochrane!!!!!!!!!!!!! my sister is the parts person there and i'm good friends with the owners!! tell them your story, and they will take good care of you!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

by the way, this isn't the first incident with them fellas, and i'm sure it won't be the last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jurban

Reaction score
The bike is going into Mountain toys on Monday morning because I like customer service and I have received more customer service over the phone from Mountain Toys than I got with all the trips including my purshace at Cylce Works...... Thanks Buck :)

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto on Mountain Toys, great folks there. If I rode a Polaris, I would deal with them 100%.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ditto on Mountain Toys, great folks there. If I rode a Polaris, I would deal with them 100%.
they also sell suzuki, and will work on ANY make of machine! i take all my stuff there, yammies, ski-doo's the works!!!!!!!!!!!!

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bike is going into Mountain toys on Monday morning because I like customer service and I have received more customer service over the phone from Mountain Toys than I got with all the trips including my purshace at Cylce Works...... Thanks Buck :)
:beer::beer::beer:

KTEAM MAN

Reaction score
IF I were you I would talk to the manager next time you are in. I have had nothing but over the top service from Cycle Works. They even robbed parts off a showroom unit so I could get a trip done. All i know is I used to deal with the other Poalris store in Calgary years ago and these guys and so much better you can't even describe it.
cheers:beer:

MrMotoSki

Reaction score
That's a real unfortunate experience.

I've been going to Cycle Works for years for both my 2 quads & 3 sleds and have had nothing but an excellent experince and repor with them.

Did you discuss the issue directly with their Manager?
There's always 2 sides of a story.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so am i reading this right a quad with 20 hours on it requires brakes ... wouldnt think that that quick ones brakes would be toast

jurban

Reaction score
You got 20 hours and this polairs needs a major over haul on I can also add the that Gear box in it is screwed as well. :)

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so lets say 10g for 20 hrs of riding not bad only 500 phr. sure makes me wanna poolaris:nono:

KTEAM MAN

Reaction score
did'nt Polaris stand by their unit and give you warrannty? I'm sure they did'nt on the brakes as those issues are usually caused by the operator. I,ve found that if I use the foot brake 90 percent of the time i'm riding ie. to slow down or stop when we are just cruising and us the hand brake for the "oh ch!t" stuff my brake pad life more than tripled!

AliciaAlways

Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I am very disappointed to hear about that whole experience with Cycle Works, this happened way before I have started working here, I definitely have not heard many complaints, well any complaints about our service department, or any department since I started working here a few months ago. We have so many satisfied customers in our stores that for you to not recommend us cause of one bad experience is really unfair. Our mechanics are very well trained and I am not sure what the exact mix up and whatnot was with this as I was not here but it is so unfortunate that you had a terrible experience.

IF I were you I would talk to the manager next time you are in. I have had nothing but over the top service from Cycle Works. They even robbed parts off a showroom unit so I could get a trip done. All i know is I used to deal with the other Poalris store in Calgary years ago and these guys and so much better you can't even describe it.
cheers:beer:
That's a real unfortunate experience.

I've been going to Cycle Works for years for both my 2 quads & 3 sleds and have had nothing but an excellent experince and repor with them.

Did you discuss the issue directly with their Manager?
There's always 2 sides of a story.

I am glad to hear these positive stories and it is such a good feeling to have such positive things said. It goes to show that every customer that goes to any type of business can have any type of experience from Amazing to terrible, and it is not always the businesses direct fault, it could be that of the employee and whatnot. I do not believe it is fair to blame a whole business and try to tarnish their name when there are many very happy customers. If you do have issues you can always email or contact any of the managers at each location or whatnot, they are always willing to address concerns. Its all part of owning a business, you cannot make everyone happy.

jurban

Reaction score
Not to put you down or your place of employment at all but when 3 of my friends and I all bought new Polaris 850XP off Cycleworks in the spring. And we all have different seperate issues and recieved the worst service on earth from Cyclework I see there is more of a problem that just a one off issue. We have all took our business to else some to High River other to Mountain Toys in Cochrane where we have had nothing but great customer service. The issues with Cyclework would have needed a entire overhaul of staff to fix not to say they haven't because I refuse to set foot in that store to even just buy a belt or even a lug nut. From the joker of a salemen that was more interested in going home on the day of my bike pickup to your service tech that dropped my bike off the jack stand and bent a lug nut and then tried to hide it by saying I did it. And as for the service manager that tried to charge me for putting my bike back together after a warrenty issue. Best of Luck to anyone that buys a bike from Cyclework Calgary. I know for facts that when I buy my next new bike in the spring it will not be from Cyclework.

AliciaAlways

Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
To each their own, I completely understand why you feel the way I do, every company has people who do not like, disagree, or do not want to shop and get service. I am very disappointed to hear about this, I am not sure if the salesman, service manager, and techs are the same people! But if so that in unnacceptable to any business!

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the facts of life:eek: soooo very sad

Nice pick-up on the lyrics Ryano. :d
I have heard alot of negative things about the edmonton cycle works although to be fair that was a couple of years ago. Basically, it sucks hard when you are not supported by the place where you have decided to make your purchases. Even worse when you get the feeling like you're being manipulated. Can also go the other way though when some customers aren't quite truthful.

AliciaAlways

Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
There is always 3 sides to every story anyways. The Customers Side, The Stores Side, and the Story you get when you pull the customer and the store together. It is how the world spins. We each have our own opinions about how we feel and we are all entitled to it.

Top Bottom