Cycle Works Achesson are Jerks

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cycle works in calgary terible service, terible parts, and the salesman are ignorant and pay no attention to what you ask for, both me and my father snowchecked 2012 pro rmks, we went through the process with the salesman and when they arrived they had nothing no aftermarket pieces nothing. Then we go back to are salesman and tell him he denies that we ever ask for anything all we wanted was bone stock, i had a copy of the sheet with all the options on it took it to him and he still denied it, then with there parts, went to order a part cant recall what it is they didnt have it so i asked them to call edmonton cycleworks, and call me back they call me back in less then 5 minutes saying nope they have none either, so i call edmonton i was inquiring about another part and asked them about the part calgary called for they said they never recieved a call and they had the part i needed, so we went on didnt say anything couple weeks later my dad orders a part nope dont have it but will call edmonton nope they dont have it either, so i call edmonton sure enough they have the part. Ontop of that we where going to order an new pro they had no time for us had zero personal skills when talking to me and made me feel like my order was not important or that they didnt need my business, so i drove to cochrane and bought a new 2013 summit xm from bow ridge sports nothing but good comment to say about the people i dealt with there!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a good example how poor service at any store can actually drive a customer to a different brand. All shops should take notice. Customers want a good sled but want good service even more.

Reactions: LID

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Ha ha ha ya I've had dealings with the west end cycle works and would concur they don't deserve anyones business. They treat you like ch!t. Last place I would go as well.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's a good example how poor service at any store can actually drive a customer to a different brand. All shops should take notice. Customers want a good sled but want good service even more.

funny story, this is actually why i went to cycle works.

i went to argyl motorsports, with cash in hand ready to buy a brand new snowmobile.

salesmen wouldnt get off his desk, wouldnt answer questions, could care less that i was even there.

i even told him i want to buy one and he didnt get up, he shouted the price across the showroom and that was about it.

i sat down with him, and then thought, wow these guys dont have a clue.

walked out, drove down the road to cycle works and bought a snowmobile from them.

every since then i have bought quite a few units from them and like i said before, they have treated me right.

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody who has had an experience like that wind up telling the manager?

Hard for them to fix the issue if they don't know about it. The other argument would be if they don't see it happening they aren't around enough, but it's got me thinking.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody who has had an experience like that wind up telling the manager?

Hard for them to fix the issue if they don't know about it. The other argument would be if they don't see it happening they aren't around enough, but it's got me thinking.

I've been dying to but my friends don't want me ruining their relationship with Cycle Works. :confused:

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

i went to argyl motorsports, with cash in hand ready to buy a brand new snowmobile.

salesmen wouldnt get off his desk, wouldnt answer questions, could care less that i was even there.

i even told him i want to buy one and he didnt get up, he shouted the price across the showroom and that was about it.

walked out, drove down the road to cycle works and bought a snowmobile from them.

every since then i have bought quite a few units from them and like i said before, they have treated me right.

Yeah, not toally impressed with Argyll either. Their sales and parts departments service is pretty poor, but the accesories gals have treated me great. Haven't had any reason to call them useless or dishonest, but I also haven't had any work done there either.

Last edited:

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah really wasn't impressed with any Edmonton area Kawie dealers when I bought this spring. Cycle works pretended I wasn't there at both locations.... And then overprices their parts in comparison to like Rapid Revolutions ( same aftermarket stuff of course) Echo was so full of people both times you couldn't even get in the door.... or park around it ( not there fault, but blowing me off when trying to order a rear rack is. I am still waiting for my callback 2 months after the fact now), E and S flat out lied on their pricing on Kijiji and everytime the saleswoman said anything it went up another $500......

So I bought it at Monahan Ford in High Prairie. Easy peasey and the price was quite reasonable. Edmonton is almost a complete waste of my time for nearly everything. I make it a personal goal nowdays to go nowhere near it when I am on days off.

Black08Brute

Reaction score

Same problem everywhere. Had a sales man at Riverside Yamaha do the same thing on a Raptor 90, not a huge amount of money but still want the same service, Went to pick it up and it wouldnt run right so they took it to the shop and said he would call me that afternoon so we left. Long story short he never called for three days and we ended up going to Athabasca to buy a outlaw 90, best service i have found so far.

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mountain toys in cochrane are awesome matt in the back seems to always find a way to get ya looked after .... thumbs up to you guys :thumbsup2:

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where to begin? I started dealing with cycle jerks south last year and had problem After problem after problem. Yes the service manager was notified, and he did his best to keep me happy. Great guy nothing against him personally just the peeps he has working for him. After several attempts to redeem themselves they dug a bigger and bigger hole. I decided I would try cycle west. Told them all the problems I had with the south and they assured me that wouldn't happen at their location. I also told them I would be snow checking a new sled so if they could prove to me their service was top notch I would buy a new sled from them. Long story short. They fixed absolutely nothing. Never had the parts couldn't be bothered to find me parts. I found the parts offered to go and get them and bring them to them, they then proceeded to tell me. Sorry your sled has already been in the shop and we didn't have the parts to fix it at the time so we just put it back outside and sorry we don't have time to get it back in the shop. You will have to go to the back of the line and wait again. It's quad season not sledding season anymore. I snapped and lost it as I was supposed to be leaving that night for Revy. I went and picked up my sled, got in a huge screaming match with their no good for nothing service manager who charged me a substanchial amount for "looking" at my sled. I told them jack clowns you guys just lost a snowcheck and a good customer their response was oh that is what everyone says. No I was serious. I drove straight to elk island where they fixed my sled in under an hour dropped everything they were working on to get me back up and running for my trip. In return I snowchecked my sled their. I also shared this story in detail to cycle works as a testimonial experience and do you think I got response back? I will NEVER spend another dime in ANY cycle works. I will drive the extra hour to Elk Island, Red Deer, or Eckville.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where to begin? I started dealing with cycle jerks south last year and had problem After problem after problem. Yes the service manager was notified, and he did his best to keep me happy. Great guy nothing against him personally just the peeps he has working for him. After several attempts to redeem themselves they dug a bigger and bigger hole. I decided I would try cycle west. Told them all the problems I had with the south and they assured me that wouldn't happen at their location. I also told them I would be snow checking a new sled so if they could prove to me their service was top notch I would buy a new sled from them. Long story short. They fixed absolutely nothing. Never had the parts couldn't be bothered to find me parts. I found the parts offered to go and get them and bring them to them, they then proceeded to tell me. Sorry your sled has already been in the shop and we didn't have the parts to fix it at the time so we just put it back outside and sorry we don't have time to get it back in the shop. You will have to go to the back of the line and wait again. It's quad season not sledding season anymore. I snapped and lost it as I was supposed to be leaving that night for Revy. I went and picked up my sled, got in a huge screaming match with their no good for nothing service manager who charged me a substanchial amount for "looking" at my sled. I told them jack clowns you guys just lost a snowcheck and a good customer their response was oh that is what everyone says. No I was serious. I drove straight to elk island where they fixed my sled in under an hour dropped everything they were working on to get me back up and running for my trip. In return I snowchecked my sled their. I also shared this story in detail to cycle works as a testimonial experience and do you think I got response back? I will NEVER spend another dime in ANY cycle works. I will drive the extra hour to Elk Island, Red Deer, or Eckville.

Myth........confirmed?

Andrew.L

Reaction score
I was in the market for buying my girlfriend a dirt bike for the trails because we are sick of using our race bikes out in the mountains.
So we go over there with a pocket full of cash, yes cash not debit or credit.

We hummed and hawed and finally decided what she wanted... So we sat at the little sales desk with our sales guy and chatted numbers... We got the price we wanted and paper work started up for the sale.
He wrote down on the paper "J.S.T" under sales tax... I asked what that was. He showed me a little box under his desk with booze in it.
I snickered and said, "Your joking right. I'm not buying you a bottle of scotch"

HE LITERALLY CRUMPLED UP THE PAPER AND STARTED A NEW ONE WITH THE STICKER PRICE!!!!

So I gave him some advice....
"Let's end this little session on a nice phuk YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY"

ANOTHER TIME IN THE ATCHESON STORE....

I called about a bike they had there for my younger brother.
Was told it was mint and nothing was wrong. The price was low... too low and too good to be true.
So he told me to go check it out... So I did.
Bike was literally a pile of ch!t.
Bent bars, dirty as if it was never washed, tore up grips and all.
Cycle Works is the biggest joke of all companies I have ever delt with.

armymags1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in the market for buying my girlfriend a dirt bike for the trails because we are sick of using our race bikes out in the mountains.
So we go over there with a pocket full of cash, yes cash not debit or credit.

We hummed and hawed and finally decided what she wanted... So we sat at the little sales desk with our sales guy and chatted numbers... We got the price we wanted and paper work started up for the sale.
He wrote down on the paper "J.S.T" under sales tax... I asked what that was. He showed me a little box under his desk with booze in it.
I snickered and said, "Your joking right. I'm not buying you a bottle of scotch"

HE LITERALLY CRUMPLED UP THE PAPER AND STARTED A NEW ONE WITH THE STICKER PRICE!!!!

So I gave him some advice....
"Let's end this little session on a nice phuk YOU AND HAVE A NICE DAY"

ANOTHER TIME IN THE ATCHESON STORE....

I called about a bike they had there for my younger brother.
Was told it was mint and nothing was wrong. The price was low... too low and too good to be true.
So he told me to go check it out... So I did.
Bike was literally a pile of ch!t.
Bent bars, dirty as if it was never washed, tore up grips and all.
Cycle Works is the biggest joke of all companies I have ever delt with.

Why the hell do a lot of dealers always try to bring in hidden charges after you have already settled on a price it really pisses people off

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For future reference ...... don't bring anything to Red Deer. Poo dealer here is fackin terrible, unless your in dire needs of spark plugs or belts ! Doo dealer is in the same boat too unless you have months to wait and lots of $$$ to hand over.

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
I have had reasonable dealings with Elk Island many years ago after I got the salesman fired. He told me a bunch of crap when I purchased and it ended up costing them several hundred. It was my first New Quad. I shoulda known better and sent the atv back for refund since it proved to be high maintenance. Welcome to the world of Poolaris. I do love the experience of riding the Rzr, just don't like the high maintenance.

jessed

Reaction score
I bought my SnowCheck 12 pro from Cycle Works West, yet I never was extremely please by the parts guy. He never seemed to care about anything he was doing and just a general bad attitude for someone who is suppose to be working with people all day. I guess what can you expect anymore from these guys. I sure they deal with shitty customers all day, none the less its there job to make the customers happy. I tried to get a price from Martin on the West end for a 13 XM and since I lived closer to another dealer they basically told me they didnt want my business. I bought from Power Merchants in St. Paul and they were great! On my 12 Polaris I dealt with Parkland in Red Deer and those guys were awesome even though I never bought my machine from them, there sales staff would (get this) actually talk to you even if you were dropping 13k right then and there! Two dealer I would recommend again! Price is only a small part of a deal to me, I appriciate good customer service which I am sure everyone here does as well...

Top Bottom