Cycle Works Achesson are Jerks

pointe_blanke

Reaction score
Hi, I should know better than to purchase anything from them. I have been having issues with fender flares on my RZR. I phoned around and discovered Cycle Works Achesson has some for $100.00. I drove there and bought a set, drove home and TRIED to make them fit. First thing is they require holes drilled in the existing fender flares, of which I didnt have any. I tried to take them back and was told "Sale Item Sorry". what pisses me off the most is I was never told it was a sale item and non-returnable, and that they are so crappy they won't fit worth a S@#t.

Lesson learned, never ever buy from Cycle Works Achesson

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you exchange them for the correct ones? The new fenders would cover the old holes. Parts guys are the same with every dealer. I had a parts girl at argyll try to convince me there's no physical difference between an M-series and my proclimb. Even skidoo guys know! They call it a rev lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Redlineryan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had bad experience buying my 11 pro from them and with updates and little issues took forever to get the sled in to fix (the TPS), went to snowcheck a 13' pro their in the spring and was treated poorly so went to southside cycleworks and ordered a sled through them.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just proves a point that there is so much money out there that they don't give a sh,,t if they piss off customers by posting your problems on snow and mud people might drive by instead of in

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Hi, I should know better than to purchase anything from them. I have been having issues with fender flares on my RZR. I phoned around and discovered Cycle Works Achesson has some for $100.00. I drove there and bought a set, drove home and TRIED to make them fit. First thing is they require holes drilled in the existing fender flares, of which I didnt have any. I tried to take them back and was told "Sale Item Sorry". what pisses me off the most is I was never told it was a sale item and non-returnable, and that they are so crappy they won't fit worth a S@#t.

Does it say sales item on the receipt? This is nothing new for these guys. They've been one of a kind long before snow and mud ever existed :(

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Southside cycleworks is no better, I ordered ne coolant hoses for my 1999 700 rmk and gave them the serial number and when I got the seat off and started to remove the old hoses none of them were right. Tried to take them back and get the right ones and they refused because they said they were the right parts. I even brought on the old hoses and was told they would try and match them but because the parts were ordered they would not take the wrong hoses back or even exchange them.
Anybody know of a decent Polaris dealer in Edmonton? I still need the right hoses.
Tb

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know of a decent Polaris dealer in Edmonton? I still need the right hoses.
Tb

If you can get them thru places like Parts Canada, lots of dealers can order you stuff.

I order the few parts I need for my cat thru T&T, they ship the stuff to me and dont get it wrong. I would rather pay shipping form Bonnyville to Airdrie than go to the Calgary stealers, I did the same shipping thing when I was living in MB.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, their service at both locations suck too. They're answer to everything seems to be,"Can't reproduce the issue, but you are welcome to pay for us to start swapping parts until we find the problem."

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to type a novel about my experiences but have promised myself to not enter the door again. Liked them when they were in the old shop across from the burger baron in the 80's and 90's

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When I was in Edm, I had good service from Elk Island and was able to get a few things from Mountain Magic.
Now living in Cowtown, I'll see Rhodsie first at Bruce's in Med Hat, or ThreadKiller in DeWinton. Either way I have had exceptional service from both of them, and ZERO issue's for returns.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
All parts for Polaris I get from Elk Island Sales. They are good and have had excellent service. They also support our snowmobile club by us having a staging area on their land. Only issue is they close on the weekends:confused: need to get there after work but open late Thursday nights

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All parts for Polaris I get from Elk Island Sales. They are good and have had excellent service. They also support our snowmobile club by us having a staging area on their land. Only issue is they close on the weekends:confused: need to get there after work but open late Thursday nights
I got screwed a few couple yrs back by them. Needed a clutch retainer they said cant get one till wed. I looked around their show room every sled there had one. Cost me a lost weekend. Now I drive from Spruce Grove to Elk Island they would have pulled one off the sled and sent me on my way.

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every retail/service business out there, is going to have some horror stories.

Personally, I've had good experience with Cycle Works West. Had a bad experience early on, but with a little bitching, they made it right.

Just my 2 cents

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the flares were on kiji as a sales item and thats were you saw them in the first place. And they do have a big sign NO RETURNS ON SALE ITEMS. They also were a $ 300.00 set of flares for $100.00 bucks so before you slam a dealer state all the facts first. Just saying.

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like Chrisco said,

i saw those flares on kijiji and was thinking about buying them myself, since they were retail 300 and some dollars.

as i remember it clearly said on the ad it non returnable, as does the sign in cycle works regarding sale items (and pretty every store that sells sale items)

so probably a good idea to include all of the details of the sale before bashing the store.

both of the cycle works locations have treated me like gold, and that's why i keep going back. just my two cents though.

Last edited:

intmid8or!

Problem Child
Reaction score
hi, i should know better than to purchase anything from them. I have been having issues with fender flares on my rzr. I phoned around and discovered cycle works achesson has some for $100.00. I drove there and bought a set, drove home and tried to make them fit. First thing is they require holes drilled in the existing fender flares, of which i didnt have any. I tried to take them back and was told "sale item sorry". What pisses me off the most is i was never told it was a sale item and non-returnable, and that they are so crappy they won't fit worth a s@#t.

Lesson learned, never ever buy from cycle works achesson

from what i understand the flares were on kiji as a sales item and thats were you saw them in the first place. And they do have a big sign no returns on sale items. They also were a $ 300.00 set of flares for $100.00 bucks so before you slam a dealer state all the facts first. Just saying.

myth

busted...

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've had good luck with Cycle Works West myself so far. One question, is the only reason they didn't fit is because there needed to be holes drilled in the existing fenders? If that is the case, why not just drill the holes, or do they not fit period even with the holes drilled? If they are flares designed to be added onto the existing fenders, then you're going to need to drill holes as my RZR doesn't have any holes in them. I couldn't find flare extenders for my RZR Sport, so I just bought some large rubber mud flaps and cut them up and drilled them onto the existing fenders. Doesn't look the best (doesn't look too bad either) and they work like a damn. I no longer get coated from head to toe in the mud.

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the flares were on kiji as a sales item and thats were you saw them in the first place. And they do have a big sign NO RETURNS ON SALE ITEMS. They also were a $ 300.00 set of flares for $100.00 bucks so before you slam a dealer state all the facts first. Just saying.

yah!....what a moroon!!!

tstams

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crashheadz.com
Cycle works in calgary terible service, terible parts, and the salesman are ignorant and pay no attention to what you ask for, both me and my father snowchecked 2012 pro rmks, we went through the process with the salesman and when they arrived they had nothing no aftermarket pieces nothing. Then we go back to are salesman and tell him he denies that we ever ask for anything all we wanted was bone stock, i had a copy of the sheet with all the options on it took it to him and he still denied it, then with there parts, went to order a part cant recall what it is they didnt have it so i asked them to call edmonton cycleworks, and call me back they call me back in less then 5 minutes saying nope they have none either, so i call edmonton i was inquiring about another part and asked them about the part calgary called for they said they never recieved a call and they had the part i needed, so we went on didnt say anything couple weeks later my dad orders a part nope dont have it but will call edmonton nope they dont have it either, so i call edmonton sure enough they have the part. Ontop of that we where going to order an new pro they had no time for us had zero personal skills when talking to me and made me feel like my order was not important or that they didnt need my business, so i drove to cochrane and bought a new 2013 summit xm from bow ridge sports nothing but good comment to say about the people i dealt with there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom