Crowsnest or Golden?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup i do come from cranbrook to ride there!! I have a ranch located about 5 minutes from beavermines and lots of buddies still back there so i ride that area a lot I love sharing the spots I go to and that i like cause if someone is in one of my spots I just move over to my next one no big deal!!! yeah I used to do lots of quadding back in that area havent been on a quad that way in a couple years now. speaking of my ranch it is for sale it is located between crowsnest and pincher creek on the old backroad from lundbreck 35 acres home built in 2000 barn 3 dugouts two made into trout ponds. I love this area i wake up every morning there with a view from turtle mountain all the way to chief mountain :d

lets all pitch in on the ranch,, I could handle waking up in that area lol,,, but where would I work?

cant wait to ride BRAAAAPPP

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahahaah yeah its pretty tough to beat but pretty hard to keep when you live in cranbrook and only get out that way a handful of times. you can always work at the ski hill lol

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some interesting spots in the back of the South Castle...three lakes up there two I fish each summer and one that does not have fish....the hiking trails in are too steep and treed but i have hiked a back route to both that could be rideable for the right group..I am thinking one way would be a huge sidehill..but I guarantee nobody goes there!

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
consider me in!! I have only been up the south castle twice and i dont know why i havent been back there more sweet area

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats what i say everyone pitches in and we get the ultimate retirement ranch quadding and sledding out the back door trout fishing out the back tough life out there

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Thats what i say everyone pitches in and we get the ultimate retirement ranch quadding and sledding out the back door trout fishing out the back tough life out there

How far away is this piece of property from the Nature Conservacy land? With that big Y2Y drive they are putting the pieces together to eventually get there.

Big tracks of land north and east of Wateron for the Nature Conservacy and the push by WildSight to place parks in the Flathead are not inviting to our pursuits. Teck Coal and Tembec will sell land to the Nature Conservacy and I'm sure glad that I'm not 20 anymore to see the land base eroding to the non-motorized element.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah fortunately were my place is it is a bit a way from were they wanna do that and yeah it really sucks!! more and more of the areas going to non motorized and hopefully they dont put that big national park back in the flathead and take the riding away from back there

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW!!!
What a responce to this post at the start i thought maybe one or two replys. But all this info is great... hopefully get to ride with you guys down there this year. Looking forward to the white stuff whenever it gets here
:)
RP

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didnt think there would be much response either glad it turned out like this hope we all get a big group of people this year for a real good ride

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sweeet well lets start some invites this year when we are going and hopefully we can get one major group out there for a weekend we always do a spring butts cabin camp trip be cool to get some more in on that ride

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because I know the best source of weather forecast are sledders, curious how it looks down there?

Thinking about a dual sport trip this weekend and wondering how the mountain tops look? Might actually do the pipeline and wondering if I can get over the Notch without hitting snow. This would mean the mountain tops must be free of snow.

Being a sledder that's hard to hear, but wondering if I can keep the two wheels spinning until things change?

Lemme know.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey unfortunately for the sledders there isnt much out that way I would say no problem on doing that as cranbrook and area has nothing even on top i think a dual sport trip would be real nice rite now

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome.

Thanks guys.

I know we did the passes by Elkford a few weeks ago and got stuck in snow there, and comign back on the 940 near Indian Graves near midnight. Not fun. At least at the Elkford pass it was only snowing and not accumulating on the ground like the inch or two at Indian Graves.

I'll see what I can organize, but sounds like people want to do an easy ride this weekend. Psh.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just lookin out that way and see no signs of white stuff :mad:

Looks unlikely that I'll get out. Love to, but everybody is wanting to ride closer to town. Sucks, I really wanted to get up there this year during the summer.

Top Bottom