Couple of first-timers looking into coming out to Golden area.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gorman is not a great area for novice riders. I have been there twice, and found you could get into some sketchy slopes easily before you know it. It's definitely a clear day type of area. To really explore, I heard you need some bluebird.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great area to ride, very avi prone, get the gear and the training, not friendly area if you don't know what your doing or have the knowledge. great bluebird area, bring yer gps to find your way in a white out.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, left after the lake.

Just a heads up. The first bowl to the left of the lake the hole face let go and just about made it to the lake last year in march.

Then when u go onto the lake from the trail head the north face ( south facing ) let go and took 1/2 the ice off the lake , the porta potty ect towards the end of march last year.

Also in one of the places on town there is a pic of that face taking the hole ice off the lake and pushing it up the other side from the run out.

I think about it every time I cross it.

from my HTC

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to know guys, thanks. It was practically hero snow and bluebird on Thursday when we were there, so that probably clouds my experience.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up. The first bowl to the left of the lake the hole face let go and just about made it to the lake last year in march.

Then when u go onto the lake from the trail head the north face ( south facing ) let go and took 1/2 the ice off the lake , the porta potty ect towards the end of march last year.

Also in one of the places on town there is a pic of that face taking the hole ice off the lake and pushing it up the other side from the run out.

I think about it every time I cross it.

from my HTC

thats why we let you go first tex.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to this weekend! Anyone else gonna join us?

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on man.

What's the best time to be heading out to Quartz in the morning? We were thinking of hanging out at the Smitties in town around 8AM to hook up with anyone who wanted to join us.

4strokin'

Reaction score
well plans are made. were gonna be there tomorrow night, we don't plan on ridin quartz but what morning are ya gonna be at smitty's? we can walk there from the hotel n meet you in the morning for a coffee. Always enjoy meeting forum members!

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys headed?

Saturday morning we'll be at the Smitties by 8 to meet a couple guys joining us. Probably hang out for a bit till we're all there and then we'll head out.

Myself (Graham) with a black REV Summit and Justin with a blue Mountain Max.

I guess I should also mention we're in an orange/copper '01 chevy.

Last edited:

4strokin'

Reaction score
myself (steve) and 3 others will meet up for breakfast on sat. then. we will be in a puprple dodge w/ an apex and 3 poo's. not sure where we are riding yet, but will meet with you folks at smittys.

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have avalanche gear or are you renting it? If renting, where is the best place?
Where are you guys headed?

Saturday morning we'll be at the Smitties by 8 to meet a couple guys joining us. Probably hang out for a bit till we're all there and then we'll head out.

Myself (Graham) with a black REV Summit and Justin with a blue Mountain Max.

I guess I should also mention we're in an orange/copper '01 chevy.

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have avalanche gear or are you renting it? If renting, where is the best place?

I borrowed mine from a friend and we rented a set for Justin.

These are the guys we called:

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got into Golden. Probably stop by Smittys in the am and see where your all off too as we don't have a destination.

2dogs4u

Reaction score
Will be in Golden Friday night. Riding hope creek Saturday if interested.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got into Golden. Probably stop by Smittys in the am and see where your all off too as we don't have a destination.

Any snow in town?

Sent from my iPhone using My Finger ;/)

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first trip to the mountains was Golden !st day was Silent pass get pass the waterfall you will be all right bit of a heart stopper 2nd 3rd day was Gorman creek nice area steep climbs at the time I was riding a 800 mxz 121 if I remember right I only got stuck once a day and only little stucks

Top Bottom