countdown till ucp has majority government in alberta

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canada now has the highest debt in the world of the developed countries and is the only country in the G7 to have no gold reserves. Let spending do the work for you.
http://www.macleans.ca/economy/congrats-canadians-youre-world-leaders-in-debt/

That's not entirely true. Canadians have incurred some of the highest personal debt in the world, but that is not a reflection of the national debt. That said, it is extremely concerning especially in the wake of the mortgage crisis we just saw in the US.

Here is the data on national debt: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt
What I found particularly scary is how low China's debt is in comparison to ours. I'm thinking we may all need to learn Chinese in the not too distant future.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
That's not entirely true. Canadians have incurred some of the highest personal debt in the world, but that is not a reflection of the national debt. That said, it is extremely concerning especially in the wake of the mortgage crisis we just saw in the US.

Here is the data on national debt: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_external_debt
What I found particularly scary is how low China's debt is in comparison to ours. I'm thinking we may all need to learn Chinese in the not too distant future.
And people are worried about liberals and ndp.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ah man, how disheartening to hear of a UCP MLA talking senseless rubbish like that during a legislative assembly. Jeebus, am I going to be drinking Orange Crush for another 4 years?
Well let's hope not. An interesting comparison while completely inappropriate in the legislature. Not a politician but I thought that they (each party) had a discussion before any Statement was made. If that isn't happening, I have a suggestions...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
e21d602da118be00dcdf12e5e76689d6.jpg

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, imdoo'n may be on to something, then let 'em have a few million per year for every seat they relinquish to Alberta. In trying to be somewhat comical, I found myself wondering if it makes more sense for a higher GDP provinces to get more federal seats or for higher populated provinces to get more seats.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as the UCP has idiots like Ron Orr speaking out of their ass, they will never form a government, never mind a majority one.
I wouldn't worry too much about Ron Orr he is a weirdo that got voted in for lacombe which was a WR strong hold. Kind of like all the idiots in Quebec that got voted in for Ndp, the vote for Orr wasn't for him it was a protest vote against others.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ontari...penalties-for-drug-impaired-drivers-1.3594351

Ron Orr should read the news. This legalized marijuana is going to be a joke. With zero tolerance driving laws coming into effect who’s going to be dumb enough to smoke pot. Why take the chance of the huge fines and losing your license for a trace of drugs. The government is spending billions for something that 2% of the population is going to use. If I’m wrong I should become a Uber driver to transport stoners to work.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK - Watching the news tonight and got interested in a bit about Glenn van Dijken, MLA

"During question period Thursday, UCP MLA Glenn van Dijken asked Infrastructure Minister Sandra Jansen to explain why the NDP government had chosen to go with a $1.122-billion bid to build the cancer centre, which was $206 million more than the lowest option." I was pretty pleased that GVD had followed up on this in question period and it seems to me to be EXACTLY the approach to keeping the heat on the NDP for their wasteful ways. Unfortunately that seems to be all that was done so far..

Now I have hunted around and cannot find out much on the new center being built.and the only thing I could find on Google was our good friends at CBC at
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/calgary-cancer-centre-van-dijken-1.4429381

This seemed to lay out the complaint in a reasonable way but of course, no real facts or places where you can follow up. Unfortunately, the Orange Crush machine immediately swung into action with a slam job saying the UCP is out of touch yada yada.

I can't find anything from the UCP as follow up and their website is behind.

Anybody notice anything about this recently?

ing

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you look at the last elections results the only reason the NDP got in was because the conservative vote was split. If you add the wild rose and conservative numbers together the margin was large.
Universities are now a hotbed of progressive liberal thinking, so much so that they are now censoring any conservative viewpoints and actually prohibiting conservative speakers from appearing on campus. I feel sorry for your daughter. Fortunately the real world still operates on logic and sound economic and operating principles. All the snowflakes that she goes to school with will get a rude awakening their first day of work after they graduate.
One can only hope.

Top Bottom