countdown till ucp has majority government in alberta

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone realize that Alberta has run deficits for the last 8 of 9 years?
And the NDP have only been in power for 2.5years?
And the party leader that claims to be able to fix the deficit comes from the same party that started us down this path of deficits?

Maybe you're not old enough to know that Ralph Klein was from the "same" party too. Even though Redford was an idiot Notley is even more special.

Attachments

• IMG_6818.PNG
    IMG_6818.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 198

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe you're not old enough to know that Ralph Klein was from the "same" party too. Even though Redford was an idiot Notley is even more special.
I'm well aware of who Ralph Klein was. But I am also well aware that he was one of a kind and is not likely to be surpassed by another premier in my lifetime.

I am not in any way shape or form defending Notley or the Ndp in regards to their serious mismanagement of the economy or provincial budget. My point is that the previous Conservative party was also to a lesser extent capable of the same. And I believe Kenney is going to end up cutting frontline services in his quest for a balanced budget.

You charts also don't tell the whole story, the PC government had upwards of $30 billion in savings, most of which they burnt through prior to the Ndp taking power.

Last edited:

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Look at how many pages of bs over an issue that may have impact on less than 1.5% of the population, this exactly what's worng with social license and social politics. Keystone XL news not even a topic one that effects damn near every Albertian. I hope Kenney doesn't get sucked in to this crap when he's premier.
I can't believe this is even a political issue.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
those graphs kinda look like we are screwed!!!! nutley is out of control.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes they did have a surplus when Ralph retired but Stelmac and Redford fixed that in a hurry.... i think Mr Kenney is going to be very close to Ralph's style of government
I'm well aware of who Ralph Klein was. But I am also well aware that he was one of a kind and is not likely to be surpassed by another premier in my lifetime.

I am not in any way shape or form defending Notley or the Ndp in regards to their serious mismanagement of the economy or provincial budget. My point is that the previous Conservative party was also to a lesser extent capable of the same. And I believe Kenney is going to end up cutting frontline services in his quest for a balanced budget.

You charts also don't tell the whole story, the PC government had upwards of $30 billion in savings, most of which they burnt through prior to the Ndp taking power.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And while it should not be a big issue it is an amazingly giant hot spot. Jumping on the way back machine on this thread, the less said on the matter the better. It is a subject that you cannot win an argument on.

BTW - X-It and Cdnfiireman. Your repeated postings are not helpful to the UPC cause as your opinions are a little right of Attila the Hun. If Kenny is the same, then the Alberta Party will once again split the right.

I can't believe this is even a political issue.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To provide a narrative to the chart - the PC party lost its way after Ralph. It had no idea of what its mandate was and became more concerned with itself than the constituents it was supposed to serve. Stelmac wasn't bad but was too nice and easily pushed around by his own party. No need to analyze Redford much beyond "entitled" (I worked for the UN you know).

The PC's absolutely deserved to get replaced. The Getty Government (just after Lougheed retired) had a direction that was, unfortunately, to continue spending as though there was a $55 Barrel of oil instead of $11. Ralph re-energized and focused the party by stealing Lawrence Decore's platform of mounting debt or the PC run would have ended some time ago. The problem was once the debt dragon was slain, there wasn't a real clear follow up plan. I happened to work for the GOA in the Treasury Department during the end of the Getty years and a few after Ralph took over so had a front row seat. Was a card carrying member of the PC party until the Stelmac win. Pretty much quit after that and it just watched the situation deteriorate.

There might have been a chance with Prentice but I think it was too little, too late and he really did not seem to be a very likeable guy. If Daniel Smith had not crossed the floor, we would likely have had Wildrose as our government now but that is moot. We are where we are.

I can tell you that any UPC person who raises the issues of gay rights other than to be quietly supportive should be smacked in the head. It is a topic that only serves to alienate voters that will be needed if they are going to win.

I hear the Alberta Party is doing well though..... If the UPC doesn't start looking like a party that deserves to govern, the right will be split once again.

yes they did have a surplus when Ralph retired but Stelmac and Redford fixed that in a hurry.... i think Mr Kenney is going to be very close to Ralph's style of government

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Entitled snowflakes voting for... let the government spending do the work for you, well your in luck, you got what you wanted, federally and provincially. Off the cliff you go, that crash landing on the bottom cannot happen to an entitled person.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Entitled snowflakes voting for... let the government spending do the work for you, well your in luck, you got what you wanted, federally and provincially. Off the cliff you go, that crash landing on the bottom cannot happen to an entitled person.

Yeah...When I see this kind of a post it sort of sounds like the guy sitting at the bar who should have been cut off four drinks ago mumbling about the dam guv'ment and frickin liberals to no particular person. Polarice started this thread as a countdown to a better government rather than a place to rant that anyone who does not agree with you is a snowflake. Polarice - feel free to correct me if I misread your intent.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I do not care what government is in place.. so called left or right, if they put the country into a financial mess... I am against them. You have the whole world to examine, and every country that has spent to much...well they are having it dam tough. Even the every day person if he spends to much has it good for a while then....not so pretty. Someone owes me...ya right.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And while it should not be a big issue it is an amazingly giant hot spot. Jumping on the way back machine on this thread, the less said on the matter the better. It is a subject that you cannot win an argument on.

BTW - X-It and Cdnfiireman. Your repeated postings are not helpful to the UPC cause as your opinions are a little right of Attila the Hun. If Kenny is the same, then the Alberta Party will once again split the right.

My postings have nothing to do with the UCP, and I’m sure that they are smart enough to know that the NDP will use homosexuals as political pawns to create a wedge issue. Most people myself included don’t really care about homosexuals or people of any other sexual preference as long as it’s legal. The trick for the UCP is going to be to not take the bait when the NDP trot out a gaggle of homosexuals like a bunch of lab rats and proclaim that they are being abused.
The silent majority realizes that the protest vote that went awry and resulted in the NDP shouldn’t be repeated. The Alberta party is a non starter and will garner few votes. Once the UCP is in power we can all get back to concentrating on important issues instead of all this social justice crap that the NDP and the media use as distractions from their abysmal and destructive government policies

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess you didn't notice that this thread is aimed at a countdown until the Alberta government switches to a UCP majority. Maybe you should start a new thread titled NDP Bitch page or something and post in there?

And we hear yet again from another social justice warrior snowflake NDP supporter. Can’t refute the argument so you get uppity. You better go to your safe space and get your colouring book out. Sorry if I make you cry.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And we hear yet again from another social justice warrior snowflake NDP supporter. Can’t refute the argument so you get uppity. You better go to your safe space and get your colouring book out. Sorry if I make you cry.[/QUOTE

you say you don’t care about homosexuals but your words betray you. Do you have repressed homosexual desires? We’re you abused by a homosexual as a child? You certainly have a lot of hate for a group you care nothing about.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And we hear yet again from another social justice warrior snowflake NDP supporter. Can’t refute the argument so you get uppity. You better go to your safe space and get your colouring book out. Sorry if I make you cry.
Haha. Pretty pitiful. Has to resort to name calling like an elementary school bully. What argument are you making? That we don't like the NDP? Holy crap on a cracker. NO ONE on S&M likes them or what they are doing. I for one am getting bored with your rhetoric that has absolutely nothing to do with getting the UCP or someone else other than NDP in office. You think you can complain them out of office? Good grief.

You should take the time to fill your profile out so your boss, coworkers and union can see the stuff you are putting out there. Stop being a troll

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. Pretty pitiful. Has to resort to name calling like an elementary school bully. What argument are you making? That we don't like the NDP? Holy crap on a cracker. NO ONE on S&M likes them or what they are doing. I for one am getting bored with your rhetoric that has absolutely nothing to do with getting the UCP or someone else other than NDP in office. You think you can complain them out of office? Good grief.

You should take the time to fill your profile out so your boss, coworkers and union can see the stuff you are putting out there. Stop being a troll

You make my point well. You can’t dispute my argument so you try to intimidate me into silence. And the comments from the “general”. WOW! After several hundred posts I’m hardly a troll. I know you two absolutely hate this fact, but in a free society everyone is entitled to their opinion. You’d both love to be able to silence anyone that has a differing opinion to yours. But you can’t. Get used to that fact.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You make my point well. You can’t dispute my argument so you try to intimidate me into silence. And the comments from the “general”. WOW! After several hundred posts I’m hardly a troll. I know you two absolutely hate this fact, but in a free society everyone is entitled to their opinion. You’d both love to be able to silence anyone that has a differing opinion to yours. But you can’t. Get used to that fact.

You haven’t actually provided an argument to dispute. You basically state that the new leader of the conservative UCP Party should refrain from engaging in rhetoric put out by the NDP party. Whoop de fukking doo! Is there really anyone here who would dispute that?
Calling you out on your bigotry towards LGBTQ is just the Christian thing to do.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't disagree with what you are saying here brother. The liberal party is another issue that I am hoping is dealt with in the next election but this is the UCP countdown thread so relates to Alberta only.
Someone owes me

Top Bottom