countdown till ucp has majority government in alberta

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ucp have already commited to undoing most of the y2y ideology of shannon phillips

did this come from kenny?

i was talking to Brian Jean at the rally, and he told me that was his agenda!

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting. How does one stay better informed of this type of action, do you have to attend legislature sessions? I find very little useful information through mainstream media, especially considering the bias written into articles depending whether the source is left or right leaning. The Alberta NDP website is a joke, every piece of info simply slams the UCP in one way or another and provides links to share the slams on social media. The UCP website is a little better but still doesn't provide a lot of info regarding policy or action they are taking.

I'm not sure where I got this particular bit of info, but I'm pretty sure it was actually on the news with Notely commenting that she will not allow the UCP climate change deniers to discipline or terminate AEP employees for telling the truth, even if it is contrary to UCP policy if they are back in power. I have a few FB friends who are involved in the fight against public land use closure, so I often get wind of these things as they dig up the stories and comment. I also subscribe to a few news outlets and see the stories appear in my timeline and follow the groups "Coalition of Albertans for Public Lands Access - CAPLA" and "say NO to Alberta's loss of access to public land".

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also forgot about Jason Nixon's page. ...get some good info from there too.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The second wildlife corridor is from east of Hillcrest all the way to just east of Lundbreck. Where are the protests about this? Nobody in the Pass seems to be saying anything? One would think that after naming the other one and seeing how the Nature Conservancy is involved some dander would have been raised. If the locals don't protest it what can the rest do ?

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The second wildlife corridor is from east of Hillcrest all the way to just east of Lundbreck. Where are the protests about this? Nobody in the Pass seems to be saying anything? One would think that after naming the other one and seeing how the Nature Conservancy is involved some dander would have been raised. If the locals don't protest it what can the rest do ?

Buddy's got a cabin just west of Atlas and I spend a fair amount of time down there. My impression is the locals may tend to be less informed of what is happening. I was warning them last year what was coming but it wasn't till this summer that it started sinking in and I started hearing concern and complaints from the locals.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well from what the news is telling us lately Nutley is very concerned with fixing Alberta's problems. but look who she has hired as one of her three advisers. i think a ruse is in the air, and nutley's nose should be a couple feet long

https://youtu.be/VmZheYcKD-M

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As a demographic, we must ALL GET OUT AND VOTE, just to show how truely disappointed we are with notelys devastation of Alberta....
THE REAL VINDICATION WOULD BE IF THE NDP WERE VOTED INTO "NON PARTY STAUS"
Let's cumulatively send a clear and consise message....

NAILED THAT POST like a $2 lady on payday.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I copied this for those who don't get emails from the UCP.
NDP puts more priority on creating wilderness areas, wildlife corridors and provincial parks than helping Albertans.

"When the NDP was elected,Premier Notley was openly opposed to Northern Gateway - Canada’s lone approvedpipeline to the West Coast. We are paying for that decision today.

When Justin Trudeau cancelled Northern Gateway in 2016, there was no argument from the NDP. A former Liberal MP now calls that decisions “one of the biggest mistakes a federal government has made in Canadian history...to say ‘no’ to Northern Gateway will prove to have been disastrous.”

We can’t allow governments like the Trudeau Liberals and the Alberta NDP to continue to pass job-killing legislation like this that sets hard-working families back.

That is why the United Conservative Party has been vocal against Bill C69, the 'No More Pipelines' act since the very beginning.

We must recognize this law for what it is: an attempt to stop any major pipeline project from ever being proposed in Canada in the future.

The head of the Canadian Energy Pipeline Association has been firm about this bill stating that it “appears to double down on the very factors that created the toxic regulatory environment for major projects that this regulatory review process was intended to fix,” and that “It is difficult to imagine that a new major pipeline could be built in Canada under the Impact Assessment Act, much less attract energy investment to Canada”.

The bill is a historic overreach of Ottawa’s powers and puts tens of thousands of jobs and billions in job-creating investment at risk right when Alberta needs it the most.

Our industry and economy is too damaged to not listen to job-creators now.

Just a few weeks ago the NDP voted down a . They have continued to value their relationship with their close political ally Justin Trudeau over fighting for Alberta jobs."

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to rep that, but I'm still empty...

As a demographic, we must ALL GET OUT AND VOTE, just to show how truely disappointed we are with notelys devastation of Alberta....
THE REAL VINDICATION WOULD BE IF THE NDP WERE VOTED INTO "NON PARTY STAUS"
Let's cumulatively send a clear and consise message....

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While I appreciate the reps, I'd be...No I think we'd all be elated if the NDP were voted into non party status...
If we ALL offer rides or do whatever to get as many as we know to vote this truely could become a reality...

"VOTE THE NDP INTO OBLIVION..."

Top Bottom