countdown till ucp has majority government in alberta

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha

please do not forget were you are and have to start over;)

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as soon the younger crowd realizes that the taxes will have to be increased to pay for the debt or have cuts and government layoffs .. i like Jason's approach

It's not just taxes, minimum wage too. I am all for a good wage but reality is we are in a world market now.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wonder how this is going to look for the future? The price of oil is coming back nationally but it is discounted for Alberta partly because we can't ship it out. Certainly our resource revenue stream will still be lower then in the past.

Quebec will receive the most from equalization payments in the 2017-2018 year.[SUP][1][/SUP] However, per capita, PEI benefits the most.In the 2017-2018 year, the following provinces will receive equalization payments:[SUP][1][/SUP]

• Quebec ($11.081 billion)
  • Manitoba ($1.820 billion)
  • Nova Scotia ($1.779 billion)
  • New Brunswick ($1.760 billion)
  • Ontario ($1.424 billion)
  • Prince Edward Island ($390 million)
Equalization per citizens 2016-2017Provinces / Per Citizen / Total

• PEI / $ 2 573 / $ 380 millions

• NB / $ 2 259 / $ 1,708 billions

• NS / $ 1 822 / $ 1,722 billions

• Manitoba / $ 1 328 / $ 1,736 billions

• Quebec / $1 206 / $ 10,03 billions

• Ontario / $ 166 / $ 2,304 billions
Source: Government of Canada ()The following provinces will not qualify for equalization payments in 2017-2018:[SUP][1][/SUP]

• Alberta
  • British Columbia
  • Newfoundland and Labrador
  • Saskatchewan

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unfortunately Ken I don't think any government will remove the carbon tax going forward. As I mentioned before, this is a new tax grab as they are running out of ideas how to get their hands in our pockets.

Over $70 last month on my heating bill went to carbon levy. 2019 CANNOT COME SOON ENOUGH FOR ME.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unfortunately Ken I don't think any government will remove the carbon tax going forward. As I mentioned before, this is a new tax grab as they are running out of ideas how to get their hands in our pockets.
Kenney says he will and I believe he will. Turdeau will impose one on us but I think we will know the strategy on that after we see how Brad Wall makes out with the feds.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am glad someone has faith in a politician :cool: Unfortunately, its human nature once they see that money coming in very difficult to give back Imo.

Kenney says he will and I believe he will. Turdeau will impose one on us but I think we will know the strategy on that after we see how Brad Wall makes out with the feds.

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am glad someone has faith in a politician :cool: Unfortunately, its human nature once they see that money coming in very difficult to give back Imo.
Sad but probably true. I will be delighted if proved wrong. UCP has to be elected first though in...how many days now?

bailer

Reaction score
They’re now saying if Sask doesn’t get our proposed plan approved by the elites in Ottawa that they will be collecting and reallocating it to low/no income earners, and probably a few identity groups of course.
(...after their cut for gst and admin fees etc)
I guess it is all about discouraging work. Honestly think Mulcair was the lesser evil.

Last edited:

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BC has proved for YEARS now that the tax does nothing but collect more taxes.....we all need to fight this.....btw the sacred Indians aren't paying here either

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
BC has proved for YEARS now that the tax does nothing but collect more taxes.....we all need to fight this.....btw the sacred Indians aren't paying here either
I'm getting really sick of the racism in this country. We should all be treated equally. Everyone should pay taxes. No one should get free handouts.

Top Bottom