Cops stopping sledders at the boulder turnoff....

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am going to have to agree with the "if you're doing nothing wrong, they have nothing on you". And if they believe you are wrong, go to court over it. Don't pi$$ and moan that they are picking on you when you did something that is not deemed 'legal' because 1)You chose to do it, and 2)No one wants to hear it :policecar2:

Skyline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I doubt it was a sobriety check. It was 9am. I was wondering more along the line if they were actually checking VIN's or registrations (which may actually be useful) or one of those, lets check to see if we can give you a ticket for anything checks.

It was in fact a sobriety check stop talked to a few guy later that night and they were making sledders blow, I do not agree with this because they are targeting sledders on this one, I agree with the check stop but why not pull everyone coming across the main bridge not just the sledders pulling in to boulder, seems to me a guy who drinks 6-8 beers in a night and goes to bed at midnight still has a good chance of blowing over at 8am

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
There has been 3 thefts here already this season, 7 sleds. Glad to see it, I live in fear too. Glad they are checking for the drinking also.

With the sled season underway RCMP will be conducting traffic stops near frequented sledding areas in the interior to check vehicles for proper registration of their snowmobiles.

Both Blakney and Sgt. Dave Dubnyk of the Sicamous RCMP patrol areas with numerous sledders and snowmobile clubs.
Dubnyk says those who are coming through their communities on vacation and are wanting to go sledding shouldn't see the vehicle checks as an inconvenience but as a necessity to stop thieves.
"We are stopping for a reason and we are going to be checking you and checking your sleds and making sure everything jives."

Bait sleds hidden around the interior - Kelowna News - Castanet.net

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was in fact a sobriety check stop talked to a few guy later that night and they were making sledders blow, I do not agree with this because they are targeting sledders on this one, I agree with the check stop but why not pull everyone coming across the main bridge not just the sledders pulling in to boulder, seems to me a guy who drinks 6-8 beers in a night and goes to bed at midnight still has a good chance of blowing over at 8am

Oh I dunno......history, statistics, reputation maybe? :hmm:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I dunno......history, statistics, reputation maybe? :hmm:
absolutely bang on. a buddy of mine went off a cliff in tumbler a bunch of years ago now, spent the night huddled under his sled with a broken neck, S&R rescue, the whole nine.....at the hospital the cop doing the report was quite surprised that alcohol was not a factor. he said almost all of his snowmobile related accident investigations determined alcohol was involved. it's on us to change the stereotype that all sledders are alcohol fueled idiots....

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May not be on topic but this thread has sparked a question.......is there any sense in having your sled registered in Alberta if your sledding in BC??? Provincial registration is only good for the province it is purchased for correct?.......or by some madness would we be required to have BC registration?

You cannot be compelled to register an out of province vehicle of any kind (snowmobiles included). You must register in the province were you live if you are going to register. No BC address, no worries.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
They were at the top of the skihill checking the gondola for the smell of dope on the ride up a few years back.
Busting people for smoking and having weed.
So I would just not say they are targetting sledders but sharing there spot checks.
This also goes along with their drinking and driving campaigns with MADD.

I do not think they are profiling any particular group, but rather just doing there job and showing that they are around.
You see them up the hill quite often on their sleds.

Glad to see they are checking the parking areas when we are on the hill also.

We have been screaming for more police presence in Revelstoke for the snowmobiling community and now that we have it, seems people seem to think that they are beeing centered out.

Don't ever think the thiefs are not casing parking areas when we out thrashing the snow. Just my two cents.

My daughter and I were stopped leaving the Days Inn before we hit the burger joint on the corner by the police.
It was 04 30 and we were heading back to alberta.
Police officer was nice and we thanked her diligently for doing her job and confirming that we, the sleds and truck was ours
and not being stolen by some thiefs.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
They were at the top of the skihill checking the gondola for the smell of dope on the ride up a few years back.
Busting people for smoking and having weed.
So I would just not say they are targetting sledders but sharing there spot checks.
This also goes along with their drinking and driving campaigns with MADD.

I do not think they are profiling any particular group, but rather just doing there job and showing that they are around.
You see them up the hill quite often on their sleds.

Glad to see they are checking the parking areas when we are on the hill also.

We have been screaming for more police presence in Revelstoke for the snowmobiling community and now that we have it, seems people seem to think that they are beeing centered out.

Don't ever think the thiefs are not casing parking areas when we out thrashing the snow. Just my two cents.

My daughter and I were stopped leaving the Days Inn before we hit the burger joint on the corner by the police.
It was 04 30 and we were heading back to alberta.
Police officer was nice and we thanked her diligently for doing her job and confirming that we, the sleds and truck was ours
and not being stolen by some thiefs.

I am glad they're out and about to. The last theft from peaks lodge was a friend of mine from home he lost his truck and sleds
I have nothing to hide and like to see their presence

Sent from my iPhone using

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am glad they're out and about to. The last theft from peaks lodge was a friend of mine from home he lost his truck and sleds
I have nothing to hide
and like to see their presence

Sent from my iPhone using
LOL....ya right

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never said u were drunk.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We pulled into town late last night and had to pick up a sled from over by the Frontier then get back to the Days Inn. Right near the turn off we were pulled over by 3 cop cars. They said us driving back and forth across town was suspicious so they were checking to see what we were up to. After we proved that we owned the sleds in the trailer they thanked us and sent us on our way. I think that got to show they are getting serious about the thefts in town and are prepared to do something about it.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Up early this morning Chris.
Must be excited for all the freshy out there.
Good to see the boys in Blue doing their diligence.
Have a great day out their fellas!
Report back with some fresh pics after today please.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why should they be allowed to profile sledders but not certain people from a certain country who happen to be involved in most of the shootings/crime in the largest city in Canada??

Cuzzzzzzzz.....they were looking for drunks, not murderers. :doh:

Ahhhhh, never mind! :der:

Top Bottom