Cops and sledders by Quartz

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What were the cops looking for just east of Quartz tonight?
That pull out was full of sledders. Trucks decks and trailers.
I slowed down expecting to get signaled in, but nothing. So kept driving.

The one cop car did a loop through the parking lot, while we were loading, I'm thinking looking for alcohol????

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My plates are red they didnt look at me or the other truck.

Sounds like on Alberta sledders. They were looking at weights, tow mirrors, light bars
Window tint.

IF that’s the case...is that their way to keep people away?

powpowpowpow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
notice a growing trend, the police only care to go after people who can pay and have something to lose. seems like they dont waste their time on welfare cases. bbq shop owner in T.O gets raked over the coals for trying to stay open...homeless encampments in all the parks selling/doing drugs...no problemo nothing done!
in oregon crack/meth/heroin no worries....have extra people over at thanksgiving and go to jail and fined

smc

Reaction score
I was pulled over and given a breathalyzer test. I have BC plates. He said December 5th is drinking and driving enforcement day or something. I’ve probably made the quartz to golden drive 250 times in my life and that was the first time that’s happened to me.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My plates are red they didnt look at me or the other truck.

Sounds like on Alberta sledders. They were looking at weights, tow mirrors, light bars
Window tint.
This was later discredited as sarcasm by the original poster on that site. All about alcohol. Same thing on Boulder today was posted.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so many drunks up at quartz these days... don't blame the cops for cracking down. on stupidity. and while there at it they typically throw the book at you after that.
I have no sympathy for someone punished for DUI. Nothing gets my blood boiling like smelling the overwhelming stench of booze in the cabins up on the hill. I can understand having A beer, but why do guys feel the need to get wasted and endanger others is beyond me.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no sympathy for someone punished for DUI. Nothing gets my blood boiling like smelling the overwhelming stench of booze in the cabins up on the hill. I can understand having A beer, but why do guys feel the need to get wasted and endanger others is beyond me.

Agreed. We almost never pack booze for the ride. Keep it in the hotel for later.

If we go up early early season or late late season, and we know actual riding will be marginal, might bring 1 brew to sip on during lunch. But that’s all.

I don’t mind seeing cops out for this reason, so long as they don’t get carried away with other stuff while they’re at it... but Breathalyze away!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. With where these sleds can take us better be sober. Hate me for my remarks but this sport is a dangerous one and we better have the ability to think straight
Agreed. We almost never pack booze for the ride. Keep it in the hotel for later.

If we go up early early season or late late season, and we know actual riding will be marginal, might bring 1 brew to sip on during lunch. But that’s all.

I don’t mind seeing cops out for this reason, so long as they don’t get carried away with other stuff while they’re at it... but Breathalyze away!

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. With where these sleds can take us better be sober. Hate me for my remarks but this sport is a dangerous one and we better have the ability to think straight

I honestly don’t understand how guys even pull it off. I have a hard enough time not killing myself up there stone sober! I like my whiskey as much as the next guy (probably more) but if I were to get loaded and head to the backcountry I wouldn’t last 5 minutes before I either killed myself, yard saled my sled, or both.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was reading on the Alberta Sledderz thread on Facebook that the cops did the same thing on Boulder yesterday. Some pretty alarming comments on how some people believe its their god given right to drink as much as they want on the hill. Some pretty good arguments going on about it.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
I was reading on the Alberta Sledderz thread on Facebook that the cops did the same thing on Boulder yesterday. Some pretty alarming comments on how some people believe its their god given right to drink as much as they want on the hill. Some pretty good arguments going on about it.

You bet.

Not new though.
Lots of times they set up at the bridge just after the dump for there spot check.
Been doing it for years.

No worries if you follow rules.
Just like anything else I guess.

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

Glad I deleted myself from FB 1 1/2 years ago, I find the majority of peeps here civil and use there head, can't believe people think its a right to drink as much as they want when riding. And not like twitter or here, they use there real name or profile and will stay with them for ever.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a time and a place for drinking and thats at the hotel in my opinion. One beer on a sunny spring day or a beer at the parking lot after a days riding doesn't concern me. The guys high on pot or booze at the cabin does bother us all. That needs to be curbed.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a time and a place for drinking and thats at the hotel in my opinion. One beer on a sunny spring day or a beer at the parking lot after a days riding doesn't concern me. The guys high on pot or booze at the cabin does bother us all. That needs to be curbed.

You bring up a good point, we were at Renshaw last weekend and loading up through the front of our v nose. Guys beside us had pulled in close with a sled deck. they were taking bong rips in the truck and we had to wait until they were finished to drive our sleds in the trailer... Then they proceeded to load up their sleds onto the deck right beside my truck, which scared the hellz outta me, and drove off for town. Left their tailgate down. Like why couldn’t you wait the 15 minutes until you’re back at the hotel???

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
The beer at the bottom does not concern me after a goods day ride either.
The only thing, it will set the road side breathalizer off and then your in for a bunch of BS that u dont want.

I figure it is only five minutes to town. (revy) Wait till there.

I know I have headed straight to the shop and had a drink or two, worked on some sleds, then thought ****, now I got to drive across town to the pad.
This is over a couple hours but still freaks me out to not have a license and the freedom to go/drive where I want.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

"The Old Saying" only takes a few bad peeps to give the sport a bad name and wreck it for everyone else !! Seems to be common in todays Society .

Top Bottom