Cops and sledders by Quartz

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly our group doesn't drink on the hill.
I like it that way.
I've seen and riden with guys that have a beer ever time we stop and they still out ride everyone else and you'd never know they had a drink.
And I've riden with other guys that cant stay on the sled. Can't get out of areas. Stumbling around.

Personally I'd much sooner ride with someone who is there to ride. And we'll drink when we are back at the room.
Zero chance of a DUI should we hit a check stop.
And all our bad decisions while riding were made with a sober mind.

But that's just me.

At the end of the day you do you. I'll do me.
But should you end up in a bad situation due to a poor thought process brought on by a few too many, be it a DUI or an accident or incident with SARs Then as long as you can live with the consequences, do what makes you happy.
Maybe we'd get stuck less with some liquid courage Ryan?

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I ride different areas then ya'll. The way you guys are talking it's like that every day with every 2nd group. I have a hard time finding a group even having a beer on the hill in the Whistler area. When we ride Revy/Sicamous, kinda the same. We see guys having a beer in the cabin, but it sure isn't a drink fest. I guess we just happen to miss all the excitement every time we go....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You’re part of the problem. You doing you doesn’t apply to a sled trail that others use in both directions at any time during the day. No different than a road. I hope these check stops become more frequent IMO, trails and backcountry is for responsible users only
Do you have pink toe nails too ffs

Voted new ditch pickle I bet

I usually bring 6, sometimes I have one or two, sometimes more

Depends on the day, conditions, ect

You do realize if your riding hard and working hard, alcohol is expelled at a high rate, unlike sitting in a hot tub after riding right

I'm mean who knows if you might spend the nite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I to like to have two or three beers throughout the hole day aswell. I normally bring six. Share them with my buddies. Lots of times I pack them back down to the truck still full to. Just makes lunch that much better for me.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
You’re part of the problem. You doing you doesn’t apply to a sled trail that others use in both directions at any time during the day. No different than a road. I hope these check stops become more frequent IMO, trails and backcountry is for responsible users only

I'm nobody's problem but my wifes' and my own. If I were to see you & chat in the parking lot after a 6 beer day you wouldn't know I'd had 1 beer let lone 6.... I haven't been able to become "drunk, buzzed, inebriated" on 6 beers since I was 14, especially spread out over a 6-8 hour day of sledding. I'm amused by the soap box preachers lined up to speak out about the evils of alcohol in the backcountry yet every time I stop into a sled cabin 80% of the folks are having a beer or some sort of booze, doesn't matter if it's Valemount, McBride, Fox Creek, Whitecourt or Fort McMurray..... Most adults are capable of enjoying an adult beverage or 1/2 dozen without getting white girl pizzed and causing a scene.... I consider the sled trails to be very different from the highway, same with my boat on the lake - wide open spaces are very different than wheeling a 3 ton truck down a narrow mountain road at 110 km/hr.

BAC'S

Reaction score
Moderation is key i'm not going to judge anyone if they want if they want to have a couple beers on the hill considering for most of us sledding is our vacations. what i can't understand is going sledding just to get wasted on the hill leaving the morality and safety aspects aside I get way more enjoyment from a day finding new areas and fresh snow.

The group I normally ride with almost never pack beer but we also don't ever stop for long and lunch usually consists of eating when someone else is stuck. If we are bringing up new/less skilled riders or know its more of a touring day due to conditions than maybe I will pack 1 or 2 beers. What we do enjoy is a nice cold one or a bourbon and coke in the trailer while we load.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cheers...

Attachments

• BC29BF22-608A-4F09-87B3-3914DCB00A37.jpg
    BC29BF22-608A-4F09-87B3-3914DCB00A37.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 407

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pedro we’re gonna have to stop packing boat gas lmfao.

Is that from Germany.

Reason I ask is when I was in Germany.

This one drink they loved was aweful.

We called it boat gas

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just waiting for the guy to roll up to the cabin with a bright green weed leaf wrap lol

Reactions: RXN
Top Bottom