Coopers

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeha it's all very easy really.....But having a garage night with :beer: and good buddies is always fun!! Lemme know when it is, I might be able to pop up, doubt it but maybe! :d I do ALL my own work just because I don't trust too many people to do it, both on the mechanical side and on the "rip-me-off" side. Sounds to me like coopers is possibly doing both to people, giving them unsound advice, because they really have no clue, and trying to drive up sales! However doing the work for yourself you will find is VERY rewarding, you learn something, and you are less dependant on expensive shops to do the work.
BTW I would maybe check out EBC brakes for your machine, manufacturer brakes usually don't last too, and before you know it you'll have to do them again...just a suggestion!
Have Fun AND learn a bunch!!

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading the manual it looks like I'm going to need to buy a few tools like jack & stands, grease gun :)

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reading the manual it looks like I'm going to need to buy a few tools like jack & stands, grease gun :)

yes but what you spend in tools you save in labor costs, then you get the keep the tools!

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
EBC breaks are exactly what Kevin at Rapid puts on. He said both Can-AM and Polaris have a break eating problem with stock pads because they are heavy and EBC breaks will go double the distance for sure! The lower ball joints could wait until end of summer to be replaced. My rear pads have 40% on them so it looks like I should just change out the front breaks for now and get all the life out of the ball joints and rear brakes then change them out end of summer. Obviously the back breaks sooner if I go out lots. I found a you tube video showing how to check break pad wear so I can keep an eye on it.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes but what you spend in tools you save in labor costs, then you get the keep the tools!

Oh yes tool runs are THE BEST!! LOVE buyin new tools!!

EBC breaks are exactly what Kevin at Rapid puts on. He said both Can-AM and Polaris have a break eating problem with stock pads because they are heavy and EBC breaks will go double the distance for sure! The lower ball joints could wait until end of summer to be replaced. My rear pads have 40% on them so it looks like I should just change out the front breaks for now and get all the life out of the ball joints and rear brakes then change them out end of summer. Obviously the back breaks sooner if I go out lots. I found a you tube video showing how to check break pad wear so I can keep an eye on it.

That is awesome they do EBC brakes, I can't find them for my old kitty cat:( But how come your lower ball joints have shown signs of failure already?? Is this the norm for Poo Poo's?

Last edited:

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yes tool runs are THE BEST!! LOVE buyin new tools!!

That is awesome they do EBC brakes, I can't find them for my old kitty cat:( But how come your lower ball joints have shown signs of failure already?? Is this the norm for Poo Poo's?

Well it's because of the whoops on most these trails, they take their toll on your quad. I wish the trials in most places weren't so whooped out. We almost need to pay trail fees and have the whoops groomed out. Whoops will also take a toll on the a-arm bushings so I'm told you must put grease in the nipples about every second ride and it will help bushing last longer. Otherwise you get play and they wear fast.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it's because of the whoops on most these trails, they take their toll on your quad. I wish the trials in most places weren't so whooped out. We almost need to pay trail fees and have the whoops groomed out. Whoops will also take a toll on the a-arm bushings so I'm told you must put grease in the nipples about every second ride and it will help bushing last longer. Otherwise you get play and they wear fast.

Ok so the polaris still have grease fittings....it all makes sense now! I remember the polaris guys greasing before and after each ride, just to push and mud and water out of the fitting! Grease is cheap, parts aren't!!

Top Bottom