Coopers

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am guessing that by now you have found out that warranty means NOTHING, and if your still a bit concerned with warranty,buy a manual so long as you use the proper oil specification and filter, and spark plugs, gear oil...etc. they can't say a damned thing anyways.:d However, learn about your machine....yeah time may be short, hence why I can only ride my machine twice a month, but if something/anything happens on the trail you can have an idea on how to fix it! Save your personal receipts for product purchased, and go for it man!! :) LOL This has been said many times, lots of people on S&M to help you!!
Good Luck and have fun!!

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats pretty funny right there.

It reminds me of when you go to a drivethru and your total is something along the lines of 4.91 and you hand them a 5 and a penny. They look at you confused... Just gimme a dime and my food! I tried to make it easy for them but they can't figure out why I gave a penny. :rolleyes:

Anyways, good on yah you shoved it back in his face, I hope sooner or later he realizes his mistake... It's no wonder he doesn't have a contract with any manufactures.

Off topic yes but.....went through DQ about a week ago, and the total was pretty close to the same....$8.91 had a ton of change (loonies and toonies) to get rid of. Gave the young girl $9.01, she giggled and attempted to give me back the penny "ooops a penny over sir"....I insisted she kept it as I explained didn't need anymore pennies (with a smile on my face) She looked at me with the straightest face and firm louder voice and said..."Sir we can't commit fraud here!!" I of course laughed and told her to get her manager to explain it to her and give me my blizzards and just drove away laughing hysterically!! :clap2: Good times, Good times!! Sorry back on topic!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Next time buy the oil, parts and beer pick an evening during the week and call it a "maintience night" throw an invite up. Lots of peeps to lend a hand show you how to do it and have the tools to do it heck even some rookies can come out to learn a thing or two. I do all my own work in 7 years my quads has seen a real mechanic once. As for warranty anything drivline they will probably not cover engine or cosmetics they "might" there is fine line

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Next time buy the oil, parts and beer pick an evening during the week and call it a "maintience night" throw an invite up. Lots of peeps to lend a hand show you how to do it and have the tools to do it heck even some rookies can come out to learn a thing or two. I do all my own work in 7 years my quads has seen a real mechanic once. As for warranty anything drivline they will probably not cover engine or cosmetics they "might" there is fine line

To add on to what Murm said.....

The best investment you can make is a Shop Manual for your quad 90% of them you can find online, I did, and it's helped me a lot. My quad is in a dealership right now only because I work here and we have the shop tools here. Otherwise everything is done at home. Brakes are super simple and sadly are NEVER covered under warranty. I'm about to do brakes on mine for the 2nd time and I've only put 1000km on the machine, dirt and mud do numbers on brake pads.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could you feel the flat spot on take off and did it chatter after ? If not i would not worry , you must of been in highrange when you shoulda been in low i take it .....

Sorry to highjack but could you explain to me more what this chatter noise would sound like or feel like. I wonder if my belt is not worn abit on my unit.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to highjack but could you explain to me more what this chatter noise would sound like or feel like. I wonder if my belt is not worn abit on my unit.

The chatter comes from a groove worn into your belt. The belt jumps when it hits the groove on the clutches.

Sent from my white iPhone 4

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And what kills me even more about this whole thing, not only did he loose money but he made me post how bad Coopers RV service is on a quading enthusiast forum where thousands of people dedicated to quading come to read. I really hope he comes on this forum and realizes how stupid he was. I think it would have been easier to take my money even though he screwed up and then me walk away satisfied and not posting on a large forum ahaha.

Yep. Polaris sent me an evaluation form to fill out regarding Cycleworks as a dealer, let's just say that anything service related didnt score above 5. Lots of extremely dissatisfied. There's some food for thought on an open forum. :rolleyes:

Sent from my white iPhone 4

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time bring your popo to my house, well open the garage door, crack a cold one and fix or maintain the quad ourselves !!!!

x2 I'm gonna have to start planning "garage" days. Been doing nothing but riding lately and the shhtuff is really starting to pile up. I'm also just learning, but you're welcome to come over anytime I'm having a garage day (with your service manual) and we can learn together. ...there's really no excuse especially for the easy shhhtuff like oil, plugs, and belts.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is very sad that a person such as yourself who was just trying to get some maintenance gets (or tried to be) royally screwed. I was thinking of looking at coopers for a sled deck but I think I am going to go private. On a different note regarding belts I smoked mine on the weekend due to too much tree and root and not enough space. I got a lot of chattering at low rpms. I got another belt from Martins at a 175 bucks is this normal? I am just glad I got out of the store with my pants on!

grizzlydave

Reaction score
I too was at coopers today looking at the x truck deck and was considering picking one up, but after this thread i may drive out to grasslands and pick one up there instead. There is alot to be said about customer service, and due to this thread it looks like he might of just lost 4400$ worth of sled deck sales, because of a $40 price dispute on a belt. Sucks to be him

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back when he used to curb cars there was no internet , now people can spread the word about the good or the bad........

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I too was at coopers today looking at the x truck deck and was considering picking one up, but after this thread i may drive out to grasslands and pick one up there instead. There is alot to be said about customer service, and due to this thread it looks like he might of just lost 4400$ worth of sled deck sales, because of a $40 price dispute on a belt. Sucks to be him

i hear you, i got a free trip with my deck and i was dealing with a young girl at the boat and sportsman show and she was great to deal with. without that i probably went to grassland, drive past enough times.

when i was talking to him about tires, i got the vibe he didnt want to talk and didnt care. he has great prices for tires but he charges 80 or 120 to mount the tires on rims.

he also sold me go pros for cost or below cost, so im not sure what to make of this place. but you dont screw snow and mud, we have deep collective pockets

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also changed the inner front CV boot on my GF's renegade, had no clue what to to just when for it and figured it out. cost $50 for the boot kit and that was it

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to see the S&M community so willing to offer me help with future maintenance and also for members voting with their money and not going to coopers. We just want honest work done by a honest dealer and I don't think that's much to ask. I want to take STYKO, WhoDEANie and Murminator up on their offer to show me the ropes when it comes to mechanics. I know computers not engines but I won't turn down a learning opportunity and really want to have someone show me the ropes. I will just have to make the time to get together with S&M friends to get the work done.

The next day I took my quad to Rapid Revolutions and Kevin said I did not even need a belt. The one I have is in good shape and he was more concerned with me putting my money towards breaks. I have 500KM on the quad, damn the KM rack up fast, I guess that's a good thing at least it's not just sitting in the garage! So my breaks are 40% in the rear and 5% in the front. Kevin also said 2 of my ball joints need to be replaced and other then that the quad is good to go. So if someone is up for it and wants to show me how to put on breaks and change ball joints let's make a time :beer: I have the 2009 XP 850 pdf service manual which from what I was told most things will be the exact same on the 2010. I'm a fast learner and will only have to be shown once. I don't like just getting in there and winging it alone because I don't need to do something incorrect and not know it then next thing ya know my quad gets damaged. Plus experienced guys will have tricks and tips to make things easier I'm sure. :)

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda figure that was the case with your belt....Which leads you to two possible outcomes at the last place . A : they don`t have a clue what they are doing , or B they are selling you stuff you don`t need and are ripping you off.....

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a ball joint separator that you can borrow. It make a hard job really easy. Pops them apart like nobodies business. :beer:

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a ball joint separator that you can borrow. It make a hard job really easy. Pops them apart like nobodies business. :beer:

Thanks kbrunlees, but how the hell do I use a ball joint separator and where the hell are the ball joints. Is that like configuring a cisco switch using a RJ45 to DB9 rollover cable?... baby steps ahahaha. Seriously, I have printed the service guide and have to read it through over the next few days. This weekend should be good with the rain. :d

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks kbrunlees, but how the hell do I use a ball joint separator and where the hell are the ball joints... baby steps ahahaha. Seriously, I have printed the service guide and have to read it through over the next few days. This weekend should be good with the rain. :d

you can always type in youtube hot to change ball joints, may come up with a car or truck but they are very similar to quads, quads are just smaller

and x2 on the shop manual, they retail for a few hundred $ but you can get them online for free. they show how to steps and pictures!

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can always type in youtube hot to change ball joints, may come up with a car or truck but they are very similar to quads, quads are just smaller

and x2 on the shop manual, they retail for a few hundred $ but you can get them online for free. they show how to steps and pictures!

Can't argue that youtube is great! I can only get the 2009 manual online for free and have printed it :d

Top Bottom