Co op card lock

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think anyone can buy the dyed premium, they used to have it at the fas gas where I live, and the co-op card lock .they called it marine fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I was told I couldn't get it authorized on my card because I didn't have tax exempt status in BC. I was just wondering if there was some way of getting it.

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe things have changed, my buddy used to fill his boat at the card lock, I'll give him a shout

Keith Brown

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Alberta farm plates and tried to buy premium dyed fuel from my bulk dealer and at the time I was told that it was not available. That was about 15 years ago. Is premium dyed fuel available in BC? If it is in Alberta I would like to know.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
They definitely have it at the Valemount cardlock,I just can't access it.
I have Alberta farm plates and tried to buy premium dyed fuel from my bulk dealer and at the time I was told that it was not available. That was about 15 years ago. Is premium dyed fuel available in BC? If it is in Alberta I would like to know.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's only for BC residents. My account is in Stony Plain.
Maybe things have changed, my buddy used to fill his boat at the card lock, I'll give him a shout

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing it's only for BC residents. My account is in Stony Plain.

I ran into the same issue last year at Valemount. My account is in Bonnyville. The storey I got from Co-op when I asked was that we cannot by Dyed fuel in Alberta unless we have tax exemption in Alberta. The card can be used any where in Canada so they have to apply the same rules that apply to you in your home province. For example, if the card would allow me to buy dyed fuel in BC what would stop me from buying dyed fuel in Alberta. With today's technology one would think that they be able to make it happen but they don't want to be bothered.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Open an account at Vanderhoof Co-op. There are envelopes with applications at the Co-op pumps in Valemount. Also in the envelope in addition to the application there is an affidavit where you swear you will not use the dyed purple on public roads in BC. Envelope is self addressed. Mail everything back and in very short order you will get two cards mailed back to you. They are great to deal with and every once in a while you get a dividend cheque. Much quicker and cheaper than buying sled and truck gas from Petro Can and all it cost's to open an account is a postage stamp. Heading to the race at Silver Star tomorrow. Can pick you up an envelope on the way by if you are not heading that direction anytime soon.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Thanks Roy I'm gonna do that.
Open an account at Vanderhoof Co-op. There are envelopes with applications at the Co-op pumps in Valemount. Also in the envelope in addition to the application there is an affidavit where you swear you will not use the dyed purple on public roads in BC. Envelope is self addressed. Mail everything back and in very short order you will get two cards mailed back to you. They are great to deal with and every once in a while you get a dividend cheque. Much quicker and cheaper than buying sled and truck gas from Petro Can and all it cost's to open an account is a postage stamp. Heading to the race at Silver Star tomorrow. Can pick you up an envelope on the way by if you are not heading that direction anytime soon.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I wonder if they would mail out an application form? I would definitely be interested in getting one

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I got my coop card lock cards a few years ago I had to prove I was legal to run dyed if I wanted to purchase. Needless to say I only have regular and diesel on my cards.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always run dyed premium in my sleds. Buy it by the barrel at the bulk plant. The rules are a bit different in BC. Don't need a farm. Just need to fill out the declaration specifying what you're going to use it in.

Roy Maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they would mail out an application form? I would definitely be interested in getting one
I am sure they would. Call or email Vanderhoof Co-op as they run the Valemount pumps. Should be able to Google phone number and/or email address.

Top Bottom