Clemina claims another.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He was my best friend and I will miss the hell out of that man. He died doing what he loved to do. I wish so badly that I was there that day with him so I could talk him out of climbing that hill. I know that he knew better but the stoke of the day must have got the best of him. I said this a few weeks ago when 5 people were killed in 4 avalanches but lets just decide weather or not our comments are doing more good than bad. Climbing hills is dangerous and I know that many of you are dead against it, but people are giong to be doing it till the end of time. We all need to make our own decisions, and rather than personally attcking someone who has paid the ultimate price for their mistake just warn people you see climbing a sketchy face when you are on the mountain or something.

I just got the call yesterday from my brother who also is an employee of Martin's. So very sad......he was just telling my bro last week how excited he was to go up to the hill's again. My prayer's go out to the family and friend's.....rest in peace.

As far as commenting on the amount of deaths this year we've all made bad choice's whether it be speeding down the road in your chipped out diesel or pulling a wheelie on a bike on Groat Road....we've all been there, and anyone that say's "not I" is kidding himself.

May peace be with you Cody.

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Deepest condolences to family and freinds........ Cody was at Albert's "celebration of life". We talked to him, and it is a sad thing to learn of another fellow sledder/brother/son/friend/good guy being taken away:(

may you ride the heavens...........R.I.P.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From reading these past posts, I figured out that I knew Cody also.
He was a salesman from Martin Motor toys, right?
My experience with him was when I needed someone to get me me my cell phone charger in Revelstoke, which I left behind. He responded to my request and helped me out.
When I was in the market for a new machine, he was very helpful, and friendly. We talked for some time about sledding, and sleds.
Great fella,

Rest in peace Cody.:(

Mark

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RIP. I did not know him, but likely saw him at Albert's night.

What troubles me the most about reading this thread is that this young man attended the Celebration of Life for Albert Beck and yet still climbed that hill. That seems to confirm to me that people just don't think it will happen to them. There is a rationalization that is being used to continue sledding in the mountains and especially highmarking.

It is very sad. Sorry for your loss to the friends and family of Cody.

funkthat

Reaction score
Re: 5 minutes

I knew Cody for about 5 minutes (figuratively speaking) and that’s all I needed, wow what a great 5 minutes it was. When I first met Cody and his riding partner, I had gotten myself into quiet a pickle. I had half of my Arctic cat submerged 3 feet deep in a creek, about 0.5km from the parking lot, not the way I had planned to start the day. He and his riding partner had stopped to give us a hand. He shut off his machine, sauntered over, calmly and coolly, without skipping a beat said “don’t you know that cats don’t like water”. I liked him instantly. We even have a great pic. of him, his riding partner smiling from ear to ear in front of the remainder of my sled sticking out of the creek. Out of respect for the friends and family, we have chosen not to post it with out the permission of the family and his sledding partner, as it is most likely, the latest picture of him. Than he took a couple of strangers who were not totally familiar with the area, under his wing and showed us around. The 5 minutes that I knew Cody, is worth more to me than the lifetime I have known and will know the friends I currently have.
May it snow every night, clear blue skies everyday, endless fresh powder, infinite horse power, bottomless fuel tanks, and even greater sledding buddies. You are one of the great ones, may you RIP.

Post the picture my friend, this is Codemans brother wade he is my bestfriend and the best rider I have ever seen he is greatly missed loved by all and nothing but props for the great thread

drscotch

Reaction score
I met Cody for the first time last September. After a 5 minute conversation I knew instantly that he was the guy I'd buy a sled from. He took the time to answer dozens of emails and calls to make me comfortable with taking the plunge on a new sled. His knowledge and enthusiasm for the sport was truly refreshing in our crazy world. For some strange reason we kept running into each other all over town and he always had time to BS about sleds, snow and the 'next' trip. A truly good guy has been lost. My condolences to his family.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Post the picture my friend, this is Codemans brother wade he is my bestfriend and the best rider I have ever seen he is greatly missed loved by all and nothing but props for the great thread

Wade, very sorry for your loss. I never knew Cody, but he sounds like he was a great person.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also talked to Cody many times over the past couple of years while looking at different sleds. Truely a great guy to chat with; if he wasn't there when I called, I'd always just call back rather than talk to someone else. My condolences to the family. We lost one of the sport's truely GOOD GUYS. RIP Cody.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are so sorry for your loss. By the sound of the stories, Cody was a great guy who happened to make a mistake. We all make mistakes. Thank you for sharing the stories of happy times! RIP

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We all make judgements in our lifetime and when your doing what you love whether its a special nite with friends and family or riding the hills,I think its wrong for others to judge us or our actions.

If it was me and my choice i would live forever, we all want a do-over, but i mean no disrespect in saying i would rather leave this world doing what i love than suffering with some disease or being run over crossing the road.

Never met Cody, but being in the business i can assure you i share his passion.

condolences to all his family, friends , and co-workers.

with respect

T.

sledneckx69

Reaction score

What could I say, its not everyday you meet someone as genuine as Cody, I'll never forget him. No disagreement on his riding ability, without a doubt.

Attachments

• 100_1825.jpg
    100_1825.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 80

derek_rutter_rxp

Reaction score
My sincere condolences go out the family and friends of Cody. Cody was a great young man with drive and ambition. Having exchanged business for many years with Cody, and his fellow employee’s, I have seen how a confident, goal oriented and intelligent a young man should be.
Cody should not be criticized as per many of the previous posts. Understanding the details of the hill, the amount of people on the hill, and the duration of time snowmobiles were on the hill, I can understand why Cody would have climbed it.
When you look at the photos posted of the hill, and any avalanche “after” photo, it always looks far worse than the hill would ever look prior to the slide. All we can ask is that people do not dwell on this accident and how it could have been prevented. People need to take this to heart. Realize that this was a young gentleman, son and brother who passed doing what he loved.
Cody should be looked up to and admired. In the short time he was with us he has proven that enjoying life is what life is all about………………..Work Hard………………….Play Hard…………………….And have fun doing it. OUR TIME IS LIMITED.

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sincere condolences go out the family and friends of Cody. Cody was a great young man with drive and ambition. Having exchanged business for many years with Cody, and his fellow employee’s, I have seen how a confident, goal oriented and intelligent a young man should be.
Cody should not be criticized as per many of the previous posts. Understanding the details of the hill, the amount of people on the hill, and the duration of time snowmobiles were on the hill, I can understand why Cody would have climbed it.
When you look at the photos posted of the hill, and any avalanche “after” photo, it always looks far worse than the hill would ever look prior to the slide. All we can ask is that people do not dwell on this accident and how it could have been prevented. People need to take this to heart. Realize that this was a young gentleman, son and brother who passed doing what he loved.
Cody should be looked up to and admired. In the short time he was with us he has proven that enjoying life is what life is all about………………..Work Hard………………….Play Hard…………………….And have fun doing it. OUR TIME IS LIMITED.

Everything said in a nutshell:thumbsup2:

Smiley

Reaction score
Deepest condolences to family and freinds........ Cody was at Albert's "celebration of life". We talked to him, and it is a sad thing to learn of another fellow sledder/brother/son/friend/good guy being taken away:(

may you ride the heavens...........R.I.P.

Thank you everyone for all your nice comments, and thoughts regarding Cody.
He was like a brother to me as are the other 2 boys. His mom is like a mom to me...so on...

This is a real shame, Cody was a great guy all around.

Its been hard for both our families due to them being so close. Grace, pam, Adam, wade and Cody were just there for my Family helping us with dad. Now we get to return the favor, thats what families do.

Cody... well....his character.... He was a Character ,an all around family and friends kind of guy. Would give the shirt off his back. So please lets not judge people buy actions non the group he was with... They are great guys there who did everything they could.Cody had been riding all his life.

Take a look at your life and remember what it was like being 24..... what you did..... Who did you listen to??? What did you listen to????
At 16-35 lol we were all invisiable could do anything and go anywhere. Life was based on a rush, and having a good time, doing what you wanted when you wanted to. No one could stop you, that would have been a challenge.:mountainClimb:
Dig deep people you have all been there. So are we any different.... Just because we made it, and Cody did not...........

Remember Should have, could have, and would have will not change anything.

On Monday I was driving up to Jasper for a funeral, and I was meeting so many snowmobilers driving back home... thinking wow people are still taking chances....... ( it wont happen to me attitude)....this year is not a good snow pack year we all know that. My dad's avalanche proved to me that even the "safe places" are not safe(my opion totaly)..... But unfortunatly untill it happens to you people dont get it, and that's what is too bad.

RIP Cody...... I know that you, and both our dad's are riding the hills having a great time. You will be missed.

My heart goes out to the family!!! And to those who were there., also to all the friends and People who Cody had touched with his big smile and big heart.

Sherry

funkthat

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for all your nice comments, and thoughts regarding Cody.
He was like a brother to me as are the other 2 boys. His mom is like a mom to me...so on...

This is a real shame, Cody was a great guy all around.

Its been hard for both our families due to them being so close. Grace, pam, Adam, wade and Cody were just there for my Family helping us with dad. Now we get to return the favor, thats what families do.

Cody... well....his character.... He was a Character ,an all around family and friends kind of guy. Would give the shirt off his back. So please lets not judge people buy actions non the group he was with... They are great guys there who did everything they could.Cody had been riding all his life.

Take a look at your life and remember what it was like being 24..... what you did..... Who did you listen to??? What did you listen to????
At 16-35 lol we were all invisiable could do anything and go anywhere. Life was based on a rush, and having a good time, doing what you wanted when you wanted to. No one could stop you, that would have been a challenge.:mountainClimb:
Dig deep people you have all been there. So are we any different.... Just because we made it, and Cody did not...........

Remember Should have, could have, and would have will not change anything.

On Monday I was driving up to Jasper for a funeral, and I was meeting so many snowmobilers driving back home... thinking wow people are still taking chances....... ( it wont happen to me attitude)....this year is not a good snow pack year we all know that. My dad's avalanche proved to me that even the "safe places" are not safe(my opion totaly)..... But unfortunatly untill it happens to you people dont get it, and that's what is too bad.

RIP Cody...... I know that you, and both our dad's are riding the hills having a great time. You will be missed.

My heart goes out to the family!!! And to those who were there., also to all the friends and People who Cody had touched with his big smile and big heart.

Sherry

Thanks Sherry. Well said. Our boy was experienced, well trained, and prepared and unfortunately his passion for this sport made him take this calculated risk and it didn't pay off.

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely Thank everyone who was on the mountain that day that assisted. We know how hard you worked and how difficult it was then and will be for a long time. Our hearts and thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cody's mom

Top Bottom