cheapest place to snowcheck a 2012??

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WIth the all mighty Canuck Dollar worth more than the American Green back i would be interested to see what the boys south of the border are paying................seems like we never benefit when we hit par and above. These prices seem pretty decent but have heard of a few guys already heading south to make the big purchase.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
WIth the all mighty Canuck Dollar worth more than the American Green back i would be interested to see what the boys south of the border are paying................seems like we never benefit when we hit par and above. These prices seem pretty decent but have heard of a few guys already heading south to make the big purchase.

Yes Kalispell is cheaper, but for me, not worth the warranty issues...especially on a Polaris...

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Kalispell is cheaper, but for me, not worth the warranty issues...especially on a Polaris...

you have had to clear up lots of warranty probs with the 2011's have you?
what have you experienced so far and what was the solution in your expert opinion?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
you have had to clear up lots of warranty probs with the 2011's have you?
what have you experienced so far and what was the solution in your expert opinion?

Not at all...I dont own an 11 or any other Polaris...I am however fully aware that Polaris has had some issues in the past and I feel that it would be not worth the savings to give up warranty...

And...is it really necessary to get all lippy?? I was supporting buying in Canada, and trying to offer support to our local dealers as opposed to buying outside of the country...

Sheesh...all models have their issues...you are working on one of mine with issues right now...we can continue this when I come in to pick it up...May be my last visit...

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not at all...I dont own an 11 or any other Polaris...I am however fully aware that Polaris has had some issues in the past and I feel that it would be not worth the savings to give up warranty...

And...is it really necessary to get all lippy?? I was supporting buying in Canada, and trying to offer support to our local dealers as opposed to buying outside of the country...

Sheesh...all models have their issues...you are working on one of mine with issues right now...we can continue this when I come in to pick it up...May be my last visit...

The continual Polaris bashing tends to get a little old. All i ever read about is how bad these 800's are. I can count the number of failures gone through our shop on one hand. Thats 08's,9's,10's and 11's.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
The continual Polaris bashing tends to get a little old. All i ever read about is how bad these 800's are. I can count the number of failures gone through our shop on one hand. Thats 08's,9's,10's and 11's.

WTF has that got to do with my post??? Okay let me rephrase it...I wouldnt buy ANY sled in the US for the savings, as the savings wouldnt be worth losing my warranty...

Better???

I was in no way bashing Polaris...

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
x2. the only way most of these prices would work is if the person did not take the $1000.00 in accessories. So then the person would get another $700.00 of the sled.

Exactly! I put that down in my prices as you can see.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am only stating what i have experienced going through our shop. I stand dedicated to the product we sell.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I am only stating what i have experienced going through our shop. I stand dedicated to the product we sell.

Yes you do...and I must say you guys have always been honest about the brand and committed to the line...

But you are taking this way off track...and yes you did misunderstand...My point was that I am not willing to sacrifice warranty for a price savings buying in the US....Did I say 'especially on a Polaris'?? Sure did because I feel they have had more warranty issues than the others...that is 'my' opinion...

RMKer

Reaction score
You guys with warranty!!!
Ive owned Polaris, and only polaris for 15 years. First sled was a xcr, and now running a Pro assault. Warranty issues = 0.

Never been back to a dealer. I've picked up 5 sleds out of the usa simply because the cost was disgustingly cheaper. The Pro I bought in November ran me 10,800. I can replace the engine at the dealership out of warranty, and still be ahead on the cost of a new one here!!

Although now seeing the published prices (2012) they've been somewhat corrected in Canada finally, and are now coming to the levels that aren't making it worth going south.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I snowchecked a Retro, 163" and added a black skid plate and the extreme front bumper. $12,624 + GST with the three year warranty. Sled itself was $12,399.

buckshot

Reaction score
11800 for an orange 163 otd. This is using the $700 towards the price. 11600 for a black 163.... Same place

RUDY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tell me if this sounds like a good deal RMK Assault 155 with 2yr warranty,electric start....PLUS i get these extra's
-cover
-skid plate
-1 jug of oil
-extra belt
-under seat bag
-riser bag

all this for $13,500

fightstrap50

Reaction score
When all you guys say "out the door" do you mean all HST included and PDI exit. because I am looking at snow checking here in Cranbrook a Standard Black pro 155(dont like the retro or orange) and my quote "out the door in my truck with the government happy is $14,153 with 3 year warranty, no extras.

Arctic cat was more than that for a sno pro proclimb 800 with only two years warranty. Are they(dealers) out to lunch on prices here in Cranbook?

Top Bottom