Chain case replacement

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone here have any experience replacing a chain case on a 2012 pro?

Do I need to remove the skid, driveshaft and track to replace the chain case?

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you need one? I have a 12 pro chaincase and cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got one coming. Looks like a fun job

It really is not that bad of a job. Skid and drive shaft out would make it much easier but not completely necessary. Remember to use your propane torch on the case, and if you have a manual it will show you where to apply the new adheisive (which also shows you where it is behind your case to help with where to apply heat. A little pry and a little more heat back and forth and it will be off. Be sure to use the required mixing needle for the lord to ensure proper bond and be ready to move fast on installation. If you have any more questions feel free to pm me as I have built a couple full mods and have been down this road as well lol.

good luck, and keep us all posted.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
track is out now, haven't pulled to case off yet but doing that tonight, just trying to find that lords adhesive at the moment,

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was looking at the C3 system but $1000 is just too much for a $6000 sled for How much it'd improve it

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've run my boost it ho turbo on 8 pounds for 3 years with a non glued chain case. Personally I would not waste my time with the glue. it also is very easy to swap big tracks and extrovert drives now as I just pull the case off instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apparently none of the 11's were glued, $250 for 50ml of the crap is bloody expensive piece of mind

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back on the snow, got it all back together Saturday morning, never did glue it, not too bad of a job at all, thought it would have been a PITA but its pretty straight forward, back together now, no change at all with ride characteristics without the glue, Thanks for the replys Guys!!

Top Bottom