Catarract/Etherington/Fording pass conditions 2010/2011

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
absolutely, but golden is over twice as far....:) Anyone have updates on the conditions after our snowfall the last two days?

Figures I have to work... :mad:
Heres the report for the area so this should be aprox a foot in the higher and south elevations or more who knows!!!
OK who's going?

Approximately 15cm of new snow fell in the area over the last few days with depths increasing with
elevation. Some southern trails have large drifts. Use caution and watch for natural hazards such as rocks,
ice flows, and sections with a thin base.
Note: Grooming will not take place on these trails for the 2010-11 winter season.
Caution: Logging and oilfield trucks are using Highway 940; please use caution while on this road.
Hours: The Peter Lougheed Visitor Centre is currently open daily from Dec. 22nd to Jan. 3rd. As of Jan.4th
the centre will be open 9:30am - 4:00pm Wed. through Mon. and closed on Tuesdays. For more information,
please call (403) 591-6322. Dial 310-0000 first to make this a toll-free call.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah been thinkin about just heading here.......screw around....
thats right goldens not that far now with twined to lake dease and east of ten mile...i liked it.but i gotta be there next wk bla bla what time you go there?38948........im nw 16th ave/cop..........still in the Air......

cliffclavin

Reaction score
Heres the report for the area so this should be aprox a foot in the higher and south elevations or more who knows!!!
OK who's going?

Approximately 15cm of new snow fell in the area over the last few days with depths increasing with
elevation. Some southern trails have large drifts. Use caution and watch for natural hazards such as rocks,
ice flows, and sections with a thin base.
Note: Grooming will not take place on these trails for the 2010-11 winter season.
Caution: Logging and oilfield trucks are using Highway 940; please use caution while on this road.
Hours: The Peter Lougheed Visitor Centre is currently open daily from Dec. 22nd to Jan. 3rd. As of Jan.4th
the centre will be open 9:30am - 4:00pm Wed. through Mon. and closed on Tuesdays. For more information,
please call (403) 591-6322. Dial 310-0000 first to make this a toll-free call.

hmmm that doesn't sound to bad.....15cm...more at elevation.....

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah been thinkin about just heading here.......screw around....
thats right goldens not that far now with twined to lake dease and east of ten mile...i liked it.but i gotta be there next wk bla bla what time you go there?38948........im nw 16th ave/cop..........still in the Air......
You mean Cataract or golden? i was thinking of around 9am at the parking lot at Cataract but have to go home and see whats up... waiting to see if i can get a confirmed person to go tomorrow
RP

moparmadman40

Reaction score
i have never been to cattaract but may be going on saturday with a friend who has been there. where is the area where the pics on page 10 were taken? is it on the way to the fording pass or is it on the other side of it? i'm riding a snow bike and that area looks like it would be fun.

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could probably do Saturday, as long as people don't mind a short track no paddle machine tagging along.

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
i have never been to cattaract but may be going on saturday with a friend who has been there. where is the area where the pics on page 10 were taken? is it on the way to the fording pass or is it on the other side of it? i'm riding a snow bike and that area looks like it would be fun.

It is on the other side. BC side. I have never rode a snow bike but don't think it would be any fun going across Long sections of shale rock....

:beer:

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was there earlier in the week...and the snow was good.....lots of the south trails were untracked and smooth.....

that was before the dump of the last few days

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Next time for sure...... going to go to Golden i think... where are you going to stage at and where were you going to head to... south or over Fording

mclaren

Reaction score
im not sure. ive only been there once last year. im meeting ooc zigzag and a friend of his. i will pm you my # in case you change your mind.

cliffclavin

Reaction score
Please let us know what the conditions are like on Sunday. I am hoping to get out on Monday....assuming my buddies sled will start...

Top Bottom