Catarract/Etherington/Fording pass conditions 2010/2011

KTMOORE

Reaction score
I forded the (BC) pass twice last year and both times the trip there was horrible but the end result was the best times I've had sledding. It must be said that I am fairly new at this sport so I may not know what I am talking about.
I will be going out to Cararract after the first major snow and try to remember to report back the conditions through out the season.:)

1987 Yamaha 250IT
2008 GMC duramax

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it's still early but I had to go look. Only a few centemeters in the parking lots but its looking good back up towards the pass. Somebody had the itch really bad, there was some tracks at Etherington.:beer:

Attachments

• snow 001.jpg
    snow 001.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 358
  • snow 003.jpg
    snow 003.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 356

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• snow 005.jpg
    snow 005.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 350
  • snow 008.jpg
    snow 008.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 353

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• snow 009.jpg
    snow 009.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 358
  • snow 012.jpg
    snow 012.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 351

Klingon Warrior

Reaction score
I know it's still early but I had to go look. Only a few centemeters in the parking lots but its looking good back up towards the pass. Somebody had the itch really bad, there was some tracks at Etherington.:beer:

Thanks for the update and pics, whoever made those tracks has no regard for anyone else, as stated above, the area is not open until Dec 1st, and he risks getting the area closed permanently for all,, people like that tick me off,,,
selfish, thoughtless, not to mention the damage to his skis and machine,,,
People have to play by the rules, or we all lose out,,

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
You never know who that was and it could just as easily be a Park Ranger, FSR checking things out themselves. Who's to say it wasn't a park guy checking the trails out or scratching an itch to take one of their Yamaha's out for a trail inspection?

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm looks promising and i think it would be a park ranger as they might be checking for other more important things... I know a couple of rangers and they have both been out on the sleds already.... one said it was deep way back (looking for poachers). Those tracks dont surprize me... at the sled show and the club said that they had the groomer pulled from Cataract... so thats not so good i guess but we will see
RP

Masterquadman

Reaction score
Just picked up the sleds for some maintenance.
Just looks like some fresh gas and a lower control bushing.
Let it snow... let it snow...:thumbsup2:

signedge

Reaction score
If you take the road from Catarract keep heading south all the way to until you run into rig workers.Theres always deep snow there in the fields and head west.Also head out of Cataract as far south along the trail and head west there is great snow also

Cliff Clavin

Reaction score
Well we got some snow in Calgary and more is expected. Anyone plan on heading up this weekend? Is sledding permitted there prior to Dec. 1? If anyone is up there in the next few days please post a pic.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is still some debate as to when sleds are permitted. We rode thanksgiving weekend last year and the fish cops just drove by us and waved at us. There is nothing posted at the stagging areas. I might check the conditions on thursday.

cliffclavin

Reaction score
There is still some debate as to when sleds are permitted. We rode thanksgiving weekend last year and the fish cops just drove by us and waved at us. There is nothing posted at the stagging areas. I might check the conditions on thursday.

Now I remember that thread, was not sure what area it referenced. Just checked an old snowmobile conditions report that did specify that Maclean Creek was not open until December 1.

I wonder if there is enough snow to head out this weekend? Fortunately lots of guys on the site post up pics, but a nearby webcam sure would be nice....

Anyone going out this weekend? Also would love to meet some new people....Not sure if I am going to make it but here's hoping....

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If conditions are good I might do a day this weekend. If not it might be golden.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well we got some snow in calgary and more is expected. Anyone plan on heading up this weekend? Is sledding permitted there prior to dec. 1? If anyone is up there in the next few days please post a pic.

no!!!!!

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CCF11172010_00000.jpg

this seems to come up every year, these are the dates you can sled in these areas. go before you risk having the ares shut down, fines, day in court, and other sledders pissed at you. follow the rules and keep sledding areas open.:beer:

Top Bottom