Catarract/Etherington/Fording pass conditions 2010/2011

mclaren

Reaction score
had a blast today. to many rocks. need more snow. broke a shock & my throttle lever when i hit a tree. thanks guys it was fun.

Attachments

• sledding 002.jpg
    sledding 002.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 496
  • sledding 005.jpg
    sledding 005.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 487
  • sledding 006.jpg
    sledding 006.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 502

mclaren

Reaction score
there was 4 of us and we ran into 6 others. 1 hit a rock and did some damage. its not bad up top but its pretty scetchy getting there.saw 3 more going up when we were coming down.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a blast today. to many rocks. need more snow. broke a shock & my throttle lever when i hit a tree. thanks guys it was fun.

Any time hopefully next time my XPendible will be running better and there will be another 3 feet of snow. Keep thinkin about George of the jungles theme song "Watch out for that tree". Cheers:beer::d

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm kinda quiet on here does this mean that there is noone going on Sat?

I wouldn't mind going, never been to the area yet. If you need someone to go with let me know I'm up for going for the day, only thing is I need to be back for dinner tomorrow night.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind going, never been to the area yet. If you need someone to go with let me know I'm up for going for the day, only thing is I need to be back for dinner tomorrow night.

Its not that great compared to Revy/Golden but for a day trip on the easy side its ok
will check back later tonight do you nkow how to get there... stageing at cataract as of now

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not that great compared to Revy/Golden but for a day trip on the easy side its ok
will check back later tonight do you nkow how to get there... stageing at cataract as of now

I may have been there. Is it right beside a campground? Where abouts from Black diamond or Bragg Creek?
I'll pm you my number and I'll also check on here tonight before I head to sleep.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody going out to try the new snow tomorrow?

Went out Saturday and there was 2 of us the went to the south end and had a blast in the 2.5 ft powder... WOOHOO!!!! what a blast.
Thansh Josh for a great day DSC00272.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

DSC00274.jpg :d:d

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:eek:Which side of the divide are the pics from?
This is the Cataract side at the south end play areas... it was a blast. I hit snow like that last year once and by the looks of it there might be another weekend of the same this weekend (if the forcast holds up) But there didnt seem to be much base as this was the first time this year that i was there and we did trench to the ground a couple of times

Im guessing that the fording side would have been saweet!!!
:d

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just thinking that there should be some great riding this weekend with the snowfall that is hapening

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dress warm,take pictures and lets us all know how it was for the brave
people heading out this weekend....Daughters birthday weekend so no
go for me.Next week for sure thought.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dress warm,take pictures and lets us all know how it was for the brave
people heading out this weekend....Daughters birthday weekend so no
go for me.Next week for sure thought.

Well... look at the weather report for Banff... its warmer than here so i will say it will be about -12 down there or warmer
My guess
Happy sledding:d:d

okokona

Reaction score
Was out there both Saturday and Sunday. Couldn't believe it but the temperature was minus 4 at the parking lot Sat afternoon and on Sunday at six when we were leaving it was plus eight. Drove 15 minutes and the temp changed to minus 20. That's AB weather for you. Had a great ride both days.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How was the snow....was there really that much new snow out there?Thinking of going Sat or Sun and just wondering if its worth the trip.

Top Bottom