Cataract Creek on Sunday

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Was a great day there GasCan. Had a blast and hope to ride with you again.Im realy wondering how fording is. Hummmmmm. :beer: boys

when we got there
DSC01044.jpg

when we left
DSC01054.jpg

down south
DSC01049.jpg

201004291557062.jpg

201004291555122.jpg

201004291649281.jpg

201004291557061.jpg

Last edited:

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
i too would be a little weary of getting my hopes up to high out there, but i have been pleasently surprised before, like our trip there in nov with 4ft fresh...

please post conditions after your trip.:beer::beer:

Snow was as deep today as it was that day in early December. Only stiffer and heavier. We left Skyline for you Cory. Untouched, deep sic snow with at least 3' at the start of the run from the north end. Take pics if your calling in sick tomorrow cause it'll hit meltdown before Saturday. :d

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
may 1 2010 cataract creek is closed to all sled and atv use, you risk getting fined, may get away with it , just be aware.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is NO atv use at all or anytime there . Snowmobiling Only

had much the same conversation with a few last fall. the area was closed to sleds, a little snow fell and everyone was going. lots of areas are closed, get a Fluz map for areas that are open and where you are allowed to ride, or we may lose area's. why risk fines and closer of riding area's

yes there are no atv's allowed any time in cateract creek.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow was as deep today as it was that day in early December. Only stiffer and heavier. We left Skyline for you Cory. Untouched, deep sic snow with at least 3' at the start of the run from the north end. Take pics if your calling in sick tomorrow cause it'll hit meltdown before Saturday. :d

Thanks... but had to much to do today at work to play hooky. looks like you had a great day!!! jealous...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Oh yeah! Lot's of Caribou at the highway as we headed out. Must of been 40-50 of them as we hit the stop sign!

Hey GasCan, please don't say the word "Caribou" when talking sledding! It is a disaster waiting to happen with a continuation of closure after closure after closure!!

I really think you meant to say "ELK".....

Glad you had a great day. As you can see from my post there wasn't much left over for the western slope....:beer:

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can tell in the pictures they were elk. He's just thinking of all the carabo areas closed.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
They were Elk, and they had great big racks. And they were all on their side of the gate (Highway 40 Migrating Closure) which closes that stretch of highway from Nov 15th through June 15th, therefore I didn't need to call the game warden and tell him to fine them for beiing on our side of the fence. All is good! :)

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Going to go surf the video footage now. Should be some sic shots on there and enough to make a great movie from it. I'll post it up tonight or on the weekend. Wishing I was back there today for the last day of the open season but gotta go pay the tax man today. That and my muscles are all hurtin from yesterday. Gotta ask the wife to give me a massage tonight. Yeah...good luck with that! :p

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dang.......last day of the season and I missed out

Gas Can that snow looks epic !!!!!!

thanks for those pics :cray::cray::cray::cray:

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great last ride! Wish I could have hit that, would have been a great ride to tune a charger on!

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Looks like a great last ride! Wish I could have hit that, would have been a great ride to tune a charger on!

Would have been cool to see that new supercharger Shawn. Here's a video of the snow you missed. Pretty tame ride as I pulled my back 12 days ago and gotta take things easy for another week or two. Fun all the same!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqbu0c1ZLlc[/YOUTUBE]

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Anytime man, and thanks very much for the pictures you took. Seems that every drift I hit had me wearing a snow mask as it stuck to the goggles, but that was half the fun. We'll have to plan some rides when the snow hits next fall. Until then, I'll be riding the KTM and looking for mud.

snowgood

Reaction score
Ah sHHH#$%T Missed it :confused:good job on the vid,looks like you had a wicked day :dlooking to go this wknd any takers G Where it is legal not to savy on that stuff but I will learn thanks for the Post

Last edited:

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
Ah sHHH#$%T Missed it :confused:good job on the vid,looks like you had a wicked day :dlooking to go this wknd any takers G Where it is legal not to savy on that stuff but I will learn thanks for the Post

All sledding in the mountain parks (Cataract - Sibbald - Maclean) is now closed for the season. Some areas closed Mar 31 and the rest closed up April 30th. If you want go out now, best look for some ditches to bang or head south to Fernie or Elkford if they get any more spring snow fall. Do not attempt to ride Cataract or you risk big fines and giving the other group amo to have the sledding areas shut down for good. That would not be a good scene for anyone.

I'm thinking the season is done for me now as it takes a deck to get up to the snow lines in the mountain areas like Fernie and Elkford this time of year. Have to wait and see what this current snow does for the area but Hwy 22 might be prime for some ditches if you head well south of Longview. Not worth it to me but who knows. The ditches around Edmonton are getting pounded right now and it's snowing all the way to Red Deer. Look at the highway cams and search Alberta Highway Cams on Google. This will show you where the snow is during this storm.

Top Bottom