Carbon Fibre Helmets

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG! Can something be this light and still protect?!! $500 for a 509 is a lot, but Wow!!
Has anyone else tried or owns any of the other brands?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 is light? I found them heavy.

There are several composite/carbon helmets available. Suomy, Airoh, Fly, J12 Carbon, B-Pwr is a newer one I haven't had a chance to try yet. I am sure there are several more.

scully

Reaction score
Carbon fibre helmets are super light. I had a older 509 glass helmet and there is no comparison. I have a 509 and really like it, but there is lots of options now then there was 3 years ago.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the first generation 509 Carbon fibre helmet and it is heavy. I think they just painted it to look like carbon fibre. Last 509 for me,

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had my HJC carbon fibre for about 7 years now, and love it. Light weight and great quality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have skidoo carbon fibre helmet. Love it. Like the fit better then the Burandt one I previously had.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run an Arai VX-4, it is a little heavier than a carbon but I bet it provides better protection, I am very happy with it

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got an add emailed from Klim. Apparently they have a new ADV helmet thats super light....wait it's 750 or 1100 CDN...nevermind wow

I used to run an OGK Kabuto on bikes that was super light but they never came through and built a dirt version.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely on the list of things to get this winter. I like the flat toned grey, seems like it may be less susceptible to rubs and being in the gear bag.
Although the bright orange does tickle my fancy. Be easier to find me.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:yikes:
Just got an add emailed from Klim. Apparently they have a new ADV helmet thats super light....wait it's 750 or 1100 CDN...nevermind wow

I used to run an OGK Kabuto on bikes that was super light but they never came through and built a dirt version.

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the first generation 509 Carbon fibre helmet and it is heavy. I think they just painted it to look like carbon fibre. Last 509 for me,
Same here, heavy pos. The 509 goggles were junk too, cheap plastic fastener broke off right away, how do they get away with charging so much for this stuff?

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will soon have the B-PWR.com carbon fiber helmets in stock they will be $259 Canadian more info to follow thx wayne

Love my b-pwr helmet can't get over how light it is and the price is awesome as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't they make motorfist helmets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes but they use a different mold for motofist. a kali fits me perfect, a mtofist fits very odd. Kali's is down to 750gr for a large sized helmet. most give weights on small or medium sized helmets

calltrex

Reaction score
My FXR is really nice and comfortable

Sent from Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom