i_heart_shiny_things_t_shirt-p235701564027492166t5tr_400.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 98
  • shiny.JPG
    shiny.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 104

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
air brakes really? Anyone who can show up gets the ticket. I can drive a 13 speed just fine, I know all about the build up test, pre trip inspection, log books, etc. And I did say class 1 is pretty much trailer with air, you only need a 3 for a tandem on air to pull a trailer not on air. And a class 1 doesn't cover 4,I am pretty sure you can't drive ambulance, taxi etc. The only reason I don't have my 1 or 3 is I'm not allowed to test until I get rue of gdl, I have plenty of driving experience.

look it up. you can. and who has a 13 spd now a days anyway? my 13 yr old son can drive a 13. drive a 5 and 4 with out rubbin then you can say your a driver. just sayin.:d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road king
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAADEoJpTFQ[/media]
lol....that brings back some memories. put a good jag on one of them old trucks, and go climb some hills....you learn how to shift them pretty quick. left arm thru the wheel, shifting both at once as to not lose too much speed....I sure don't miss it. nor do I miss jamming the auxillary between gears, and having to crawl under the truck and shift the rods by hand to get it back into neutral.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol....that brings back some memories. put a good jag on one of them old trucks, and go climb some hills....you learn how to shift them pretty quick. left arm thru the wheel, shifting both at once as to not lose too much speed....I sure don't miss it. nor do I miss jamming the auxillary between gears, and having to crawl under the truck and shift the rods by hand to get it back into neutral.

that only happened when you had to make the shift on the hills though. other wise they alwatys worked great. cut my teeth on one of those in a pete with a big cam 3 then i got a 6 speed in front wow could i fly with that one. lol got it pretty easy nowadays with 18s and autos. and the auto shift.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that only happened when you had to make the shift on the hills though. other wise they alwatys worked great. cut my teeth on one of those in a pete with a big cam 3 then i got a 6 speed in front wow could i fly with that one. lol got it pretty easy nowadays with 18s and autos. and the auto shift.
same rig I started on pretty much, 1976 KW winch tractor with a series 3 big cam 400 cummins. once my pa saw that I could drive one without wrecking anything, I moved up to an '80 KW with a 13 speed....I was stylin! :D

I first got to run an automatic hauling gravel for my buddy with his Pete, kept forgetting to shut the signal light off....almost like driving a pickup....thinking they should shut off by themselves....lol....not to mention trying to step on the phantom clutch pedal every time for the first few hours....or trying to rest my hand on the non-existant shifter. never too old to learn new chit I guess.....:beer:

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
same rig I started on pretty much, 1976 KW winch tractor with a series 3 big cam 400 cummins. once my pa saw that I could drive one without wrecking anything, I moved up to an '80 KW with a 13 speed....I was stylin! :D

I first got to run an automatic hauling gravel for my buddy with his Pete, kept forgetting to shut the signal light off....almost like driving a pickup....thinking they should shut off by themselves....lol....not to mention trying to step on the phantom clutch pedal every time for the first few hours....or trying to rest my hand on the non-existant shifter. never too old to learn new chit I guess.....:beer:

At least you didnt smash the brake the first few times, quite the jolt doing that

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:Happy4: yeah, I could see that being somewhat embarrassing

The only red on my face was from the forehead slap i gave myself for not knowing better, never got back in that truck POS . Give me 18 and im happy

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Ok i will put this simple.. 780-986-2611 that would be the comercial scale in leduc. a DOT scale. The simple diffence between 1 and 3 is A TRAILER. Doesnt matter what is has for brakes. And this is just some friendly advice if you are going to take your class 1 i would study. Unless you know what a build up test is , brake test and check, maybe even understand how an air brake system works. They are on the test. Also how many hours you can drive in a day and and just a heads up they are different in each state or province.

Anyhow to the other contest here my kid says he is out he doesnt like to watch grown men cry...........:beer::beer::beer:.
I can pee really far also!!!!
I always thought the difference between 1 and 3 was the fifth wheel.(and trailer)
I think you can pull a pintle hitch type trailer behind a tandem with a 3.
I could be wrong though.
The number has nothing to do with air,that is a totally seperate endorsement.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can pee really far also!!!!
I always thought the difference between 1 and 3 was the fifth wheel.(and trailer)
I think you can pull a pintle hitch type trailer behind a tandem with a 3.
I could be wrong though.
The number has nothing to do with air,that is a totally seperate endorsement.

no you can pull any style trailer with a three as long as it does not have air brakes.

Top Bottom